More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Some Days Are Just No Fun

Some days are just no fun, today was one of those days. It all technically started yesterday night. I had a really sore throat and was unable to sleep all night. Being the trooper that I am, I trudged off to work today anyway. When I got to work, it wasn't ok for about the first 15 minutes. After that, I started to sneeze non stop and was getting really light headed. I couldn't concentrate so decided to go home at 11am.

I got home and went to be immediately. I slept lightly until about 3pm. I woke up feeling a bit better and after eating some food, was feeling a lot better. I decided to ring the Honda Service to book my car in for a check up. It was doing this weird vibrating thing when I accelerate from a stand still. The operator said that I should bring my car in now if I could, since on weekends there are no technicians to diagnose the problem. I was hesitant to bring the car in because I was still a little bit dizzy and very weak. But I didn't want to take another day off from work to take the car in so decided to take the car to the Service Centre. Bad decision number 1.

I got dressed and went out. Instead of taking the usual road out of my house, I took the other road. Bad decision number 2. Just that short 500 metre strech took about 10 minutes due to the heavy traffic. Then instead of taking a turn onto another road, I decided to stay on the road I was on and keep going. Bad decision number 3. The traffic was so bad that I crawled all the way to the Honda Centre. A trip that would normally take 30 minutes had taken an hour.

When I got inside, I told the service guy my problem, only for him to tell me that all their technicians went home 15 minutes ago. So he said that I would need to come back another day. So I went back to my car and started to drive home. Remembering the heavy traffic on the way here, I decided to take a short cut. Bad decision number 4. The short cut turned out to be a very long cut. I was stuck in more traffic and took forever to get home. All this time, I was a little dizzy and weak.

Normally I may be extremely angry at this time. But maybe it's because I'm just too tired and sick but I'm not too upset. Despite wasting 2 hours being stuck in traffic, wasting petrol and all the while giving myself more of a headache, I had achieved nothing today.

Well that's not entirely true. I had achieved nothing physically, but I did learn something. Never make decisions when you are sick. Your confused mind generally cannot think clearly and you always end up making the wrong decisions. In future when I'm sick, I will just stay at home and watch TV and not try to accomplish anything.

5 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

Sickness is no fun at all. Hope you feel better soon mate.

10/10/2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger a l a n said...

drink some dit da jowl

^_^

10/11/2006 2:34 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thanks James.

I think I will leave the dit da jowl to bruises rather than for a cold Alan :-).

10/11/2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger Trev said...

Thanh said:
In future when I'm sick, I will just stay at home and watch TV and not try to accomplish anything.

....and that way you will probably accomplish more in getting better!

10/13/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I believe you are correct Trev, this cold would have gotten much better sooner if only I stayed home and did nothing.

10/14/2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home