More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Van and Kevin's Wedding

Last Saturday was my cousin Van's wedding to Kevin, congratulations to them. It was a very hot day and I can only imagine how Van was feeling in that very tight wedding dress.

The day started at Van's house with a traditional Chinese ceremony.

Here I am trying to look my best and wearing a suit for the second time within a month.

The official wedding was held at the beautiful botanical gardens. The father of the bride walked her down the "aisle".

The ceremony was conducted by a qualified wedding celebrant. A slightly funny part of the ceremony was when the celebrant started to faint a little due to the hot weather. Her words started to slur and she started to wobble. I shouldn't laugh but it was like a scene from a movie and she turned out ok in the end.

Van and Kevin presenting their new marriage certificate.

My sister Tu posing for a photo with Van.

The wedding reception was held in a hall which I can't remember the name of. The hall was decorated quite nicely and the food was good.

It was a hot but great day. I hope Van and Kevin will be very happy together.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jiggles said...

It all looks fab, having only been to 1 traditional Chinese wedding I would love to go to more.

Everything is fantastic and you get to buy more than one wedding dress what more could a girl want

12/17/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger afrobev said...

You look very dapper I must say :)

12/18/2006 1:32 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

You definitely get to buy many dresses Karen. My cousin only went through two dresses but I've been to other weddings where the bride goes through about 5 dresses throughout the whole day.

I try my best to look a little nicer James.

12/18/2006 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously dunno how Mr. Do is going to carry his camera around and take notes on his OWN wedding.

I suppose it won't be too hard when you hire the photographers and videographers to take footage for you.

And keep in mind... Mr. Do is a size XXXXXXXXXXXXL

2/18/2008 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home