More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Death of Blogging...Again

I saw yet another article in the newspaper today about how some analysts think that blogging is slowly declining and how it is a dying fad. It was quite an interesting article as it interviewed some of the earliest users of blogs and showed what their current status with blogging is.

I don't think that blogging will completely disappear. I've been blogging for just a year now and will continue to do it if I still find it enjoyable. Obviously, like any other new popular thing, there is huge initial uptake. There may be exponential growth, but nature has shown us that this cannot continue. Once the numbers reach a saturation point, it will level out to an equilibrial state. Some people that start a blog might find that they don't like it after a while or just can't be bothered. But others that do enjoy it will keep going. There will always be some enthusiastic people who would like to express an opinion about something and for now, the blog is one of the easiest and best way to do that. It may not even be about expressing opinions, its just a tool to keep in touch with friends and family and that is something that humans will always need.

5 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

Personally, I hope to continue blogging but I can understand how it can be a fad. I enjoy writing a blog but perhaps feel confined to not being able to always write everythingb that I feel (but that's about finding the right balance and that's also what diaries are for).

I don't intend to give up blogging anytime soon..at least that's how I feel at the moment :) and I hope you won't give it up either.

4/08/2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

James, it's definitely about finding the right balance between what you want to write sometimes and what you feel you should write. Some things are either too personal or may upset some people. But then you can always use a normal paper diary for those things. Blogging is just another outlet for expressing yourself, not the only outlet.

I won't be giving up blogging any time soon. I like writing what I want to write, when I want to write.

4/09/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

I second all that you have written, Thanh. Blogging for mental health! Blogging for fun! Blogging as a gift to society! Blogging to bridge the generation gap! My nieces and nephews told me they enjoy my blog for they learn more about their grandparents and relatives through my writing. Glad I can leave behind a legacy even if I have no $$$ to bequeath to anyone if I were to die a pauper! Hee! Hee!

4/11/2007 8:47 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Choo, the mundane things really do make an impact sometimes. Just seeing how people live day to day gives us much more insight into life and teaches us a lot. And its also true that your friends and relatives can actually learn a lot about you through your writing. So keep up the blogging and I'll be reading.

4/11/2007 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The death of blogging started after Do ceased writing inciteful and meaningful articles. Every article you conjure up about you taking a dump or throwing your snotty rags around the joint are signs towards your end of blogging.

1/31/2008 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home