More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Walking With Dinosaurs

So I was just walking through a Westfield Shopping Centre when I saw that there was a crowd so I went over to have a look myself at what was happening. And what do I see, this huge dinosaur head coming right at me and then lets out a loud roar. I actually was shocked and my shoulders twitched, but it doesn't take much to shock me, just a loud boo from behind will make me jump. Anyway, the dinosaur looked so cool, not a clumsy robot one, but a puppet operated by a person. You can see the person clearly, but such is the size, walking sytle, sound, colour of the dinosaur so real, that you focus on that instead.

It turns out that the dinousaur was promoting the stage production of the Walking With Dinosaurs documentary from the BBC. The production will be touring Australia, and from the video clip that you can watch below, it does look spectacular. As someone who loves dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park movies, I really want to go see the show. But then I had a quick look at the prices, and at $65 for the cheapest seats, well I'll have to think about it a bit more.

2 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

I think seeing that come towards me would have scared the absolute shit out of me to be honest :)

3/21/2007 3:34 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Well it scared me. It was so unexpected to be greeted by a 2 metre plus dinosaur in a shopping centre. Despite my wildest dreams when I wacth and read all these dinosaur movies and books, it still took me by surprise to see a moving "real" dinosaur right in my face.

3/21/2007 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home