More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dilbert

For those of you who haven't heard of Dilbert or used his wisdom to guide your workgin life, I am doing you a HUGE favour by telling you to visit the Dilbert website and learn a few things about how the workplace operates.

Maybe engineers associate with Dilbert more because its a geeky type of cartoon, but I think all workers can benefit from Dilbert. I may sound like I'm joking a bit, but there is some truths you can learn from Dilbert. The workplace is seriously full of people who are totally deluded, power hunger, idiots, selfish individuals, lazy bums etc etc. The list could go on forever. The creator Scott Adams has so cleverly tapped into this endless stream of stupidity that occurs and turned it into a very funny, and sometimes scary because of how accurate it is, cartoon.

I'm only a new convert to Dilbert so am slowly going through all his past cartoons from the last 10 years to learn. Occasionally I will find some gems in there that are just so accurate that they require repeat readings. It's like the TV show, "The Office" and how it so accurately captured a typical working environment. Dilbert did it first and takes it to the extreme since it is a cartoon and can do that.

Enjoy a couple of strips that I just quickly found.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

From one geeky sci-fi-er to another -- Dilbert rocks :) Check out his cartoon strip from 5 October 2006 (I think)... if you've ever worked on a help desk you'll understand it immediately.

3/07/2007 8:09 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Hi Anna, I will try to find that strip. I don't have the 2006 archive but I'm sure one of the other geeky Dilbert fans at work here must have them.

My current favourite is from this year's Dilbert desk calendar. It is from February 19th one.

Dogbert says "Welcome to Dogberts school for worthless sychophants."

"Our first lession is 'Head Nodding for Beginners'".

"Good, good,...now get ready to snap it forward."

The last picture is all these people with their heads tilted backwards ready to nod. Hilarious.

3/07/2007 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home