More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Neglected Musical Treasures

I really really love music and listen to it all day basically. I must have my ipod transmitting to the radio while I'm driving. Then at work, I usually have my headphones on listening to music on my PC if I'm working at my computer. If I'm doing work elsewhere, I usually bring the ipod along.

My musical taste is very elctic. I'll give anything a go and listen for a few days before I decide if I like it or not. If you've ever been in a car with me where I have my ipod on shuffle, you'll know how varied my musical taste is. One minute you'll be listening to a current pop tune, then it'll be an old classic rock tune, then some opera and finally some country. I'm constantly asking people what music they like and then go and listen to it.

I follow The Age newspapers online music blog Noise Pollution and last week they featured some neglected musical treasures. There was definitely a lot of good songs that I had never heard of before. I had heard of the artists but just never knew of the songs. I guess that's why they're neglected treasures. Go on, have a listen, they're really good songs.

5 Comments:

Blogger a l a n said...

Adam Gilchrist lives next door to my friend, one time after school he was unloading his groceries and let me give him a hand doing so

Great man

I thought i would share that story with you

Are you into Keane? I'm very big on that at the moment. Think Coldplay but better (imo)

5/02/2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Alan, if my friend lived next to Adam Gilchrist, I would definitely be visiting my friend's place quite a bit. Gilly does look like a good guy and your anecdoctal story helps confirm that a little bit more.

Haven't heard of Keane, but I will go look them up now, thanks for letting me know. I'm currently listening to Hanson. Before you start teasing me about it, go and have a listen back. Their later stuff is very adult sounding and definitely very very good. Mmmbop was what they did when they were kids. They've even updated that song in their live concert so that its sounds very different.

5/02/2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger afrobev said...

Music can define an era for me. Of course there is always your crap artists who pen awful songs but there are the odd songs in each generation that manage to become modern classics that sustain longevity. Music (and musicians) have created moments for me that I will never forget.

5/04/2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Glad you like music, Thanh.

Music makes the world go round!

5/06/2007 4:19 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Music does make the world go round. Or as the rap artist Missy Elliot sings "Music makes you lose control", hopefully in a good way so that you can forget your worries and be happy when you're listening to music.

5/06/2007 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home