More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kill A Mosquito A Day

I think I've heard before that Mao Ze Dong implented a campaign where he urged the citizens of China to each kill 10 flies a day to get rid of the pest. Well, I now urge the netizens of the blogosphere to "Kill A Mosquito A Day" and get rid of these disease carrying pests.

I've always had this personal hatred of mosquitos which borders on extreme. I very paranoid when I know there is a mosquito around. I just can't sit still if there is one buzzing about. I have to try and kill it. Otherwise, I feel like it is on my skin even when it's not.

Hence, can you imagine my paranoia yesterday night when there was a mosquito flying in my room all night. I didn't get any sleep at all. Every time I went to sleep, things would be quiet for a while before "Bzzzzzz" the mosquito would go flying near my ear. I would try to slap it and slapped my own face so many times. I even turned on the lights twice to try and find it and kill it. I kept getting woken up and could see the clock go from 11pm to 12am to 1am etc to finally 4:30am. I was then so tired that I got a little sleep till about 6:30am when I had to get up extra early today for a training session, which turned out to be cancelled. I have about 5 bites all up on my face (2), hands (2) and leg (1). They're so itchy right now and all red.

I am definitely going to go buy some of those electrical mosquito repellent things. So next time another mosquito is in my room keeping me awake, I'm going to turn that thing on extra high and kill that stupid mosquito. I'm also on a crusade to try and kill as many mosquitos as I can each day. So join me in ridding the world of these blood suckers and "Kill A Mosquito A Day".

4 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

I agree Thanh and you can throw in kill a bloody seagull a day too. They are like flying rats around my way. Get rid of the pests :)

4/11/2007 5:04 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

There was an article about seagulls and how they are really pests now. But it didn't go as far as killing them, just that people shouldn't feed them which causes them to mate and multiply since food is aplenty.

4/11/2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Jeff Milner said...

I killed a few mosquitoes today... just doing my part. :)

4/15/2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Great work Jeff. The less mosquitos in the world, the happier I will be. Keep it up.

"Kill, kill, kill, mosquitos must die, I will annihilate, asta la vista baby."

4/16/2007 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home