More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, May 07, 2007

A Life Too Short

As I had written previously in my post about depression, the state of our minds is so critical to our lives. In some cases, it can be fatal.

I found out this week that a cousin of mine had passed away due to suicide. I've never actually known anyone personally who committed suicide. This was the first and it really shocked me.

I really loved this cousin. She is quite a bit older than me and would look after me when I was young. She would give me lots of toys and play games with me. I had only seen her about a year ago and had even sent her a cd not so long ago. She was always so carefree and relaxed. She didn't seem to have a worry in the world. Thats why the news was so shocking that I couldn't believe it. I thought there must have been a mistake.

It such a tragedy that her life was ended so abruptly. I really wonder what drove her to suicide? She showed no signs of depression as far as I could tell. No one in her family picked it either. If even someone who was so outwardly happy could commit suicide, it really shows how fragile our minds can be. I hope she is resting in peace "up there" and is being joined by her elder sister, whose life was also tragically ended abruptly in a car accident.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat Do,

I do symphasize your loss of a close relative, but also gotta say that this sorta thing should not be discussed so openly especially in a blogging environment for respect for her and her family, even though no names were revealed.

That's just what I think, then again, you know you, there's nothing sacred you won't put in this website.

I just can't picture you wiping away a tear as you sat your big slab and typed away this article in front of the PC at work. More like munching away at the giant kebab from across the road.

4/02/2008 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home