More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Motivation Gone Missing?

Well, it's been a month or so since my last post. No, I haven't gone on holidays or been without Internet. I've just been busy and lazy and have not posted. It's strange because I keep saying to people in real life that I should blog about this or that but never get round to it. I'm not sure what the exact reason it.

I think one reason could be post Olympic syndrome. The Olympics was like a drug that I was hooked on (watching day and night since I recorded all the day sessions on my hard drive and watched them at night) the Olympics. I'm recovering from the lack of sleep physically, but also recovering mentally.

The Olympics is the epitome of human sporting endeavour, and with it carries so many feel good, as well as heartbreak stories. We, the viewer are taken on many emotional journeys and I think it takes it out of you a little. I was so impressed by some of the stories and so inspired at the determination of some athletes. This in term made me motivated for the two weeks that the Olympics ran for. However, once it was finished, I felt a little empty. This emotional fuel that I had been running on was gone. It made me reflect on what I am striving to achieve, and it made me feel little. I haven't sacrificed like these people. I haven't done the hard yards. I'm just lazy.

The realisation that I hadn't really pursed my dreams made me demotivated, and hence even more unwilling to do anything. Well, I'm getting over that and life has resumed. But damm those athletes. Their brilliance is addictive and makes us all feel so much inferior. I applaud them for their determination and just wish I had a quarter of what they have. Is there a miracle drug for that?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You spent your entire afternoon on these four dull articles of low insight. There is some motivation in you that's for sure, it's just used for the wrong purposes.

9/22/2008 12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/23/2008 8:17 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Anonymous, I've deleted your comment as threatening me is just uncalled for.

9/23/2008 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it's way to motivate you ... i dunno

Let's not 'kill' anyone here. Elmer Fudd never killed Bugs Bunny nor did Tom kill Jerry.

You both need a nemesis.

9/23/2008 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home