More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blogging To Happiness

I had written in the past about how blogging is very therapeutic for me. I've long said that the mere act of composing the thoughts and committing them to paper just seems to lighten the burden and worry. Well, there was an article in The Age that there has been a university study that showed that blogging does make you happier.

Blogs, instead of being an anti-social tool where individuals are isolated, are actually a tool for making connections. I find that my blog is a great avenue to make connections with others both in the virtual world and the real world. I'm able to write about varied topics and occasionally someone else will also be interested and discussions will occur. As we all tend to have a limited number of friends who may not necessarily enjoy everything we do, a blog enables me to reach a much wider audience and anyone who chooses to enter the discussion without me forcing it on them.

So I plan to keep blogging so that I can discuss interesting topics with others, remove stress by writing about things that worry me, and give me opinions on various topics.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging is on therapeutic for you if you write stuff worth reading.

Otherwise it is just pointless to you.

7/11/2008 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Thanh.

I have only recently stumbled across your blog and find SOME of your articles quite insightful and interesting.

But I have to agree witht the above comment. Most of them are just random, pointless, and at times, ridiculous to read.

7/11/2008 3:07 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Anonymous, why is it only therapeutic if I write stuff worth reading. If you had read my post, the mere act of me writing it down has helped me already. I can't help it if what I want to write about isn't what everyone wants to read.

Melanie, thanks for reading the blog. It's good that you find some articles interesting. As for the rest, just browse through them and you never know, something of interest may pop out to you.

7/11/2008 6:20 PM  
Blogger a l a n said...

ahhh...

as i make my triumphant return to the blogging, i see yours is still going strongly.

and ever since i've been blogging, i have been finding it very calm inducing.

7/14/2008 6:40 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

As I have always encouraged my students to write, for writing helps people to understand themselves better as well as to help others understand them. "Writing for mental health". That is why people feel happier when they have unleashed their pent up thoughts and emotions.

Keep blogging!

7/14/2008 8:03 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Alan, I'd been reading your blog and waiting for more posts. I know you had lots of exams so would have been really busy and not have time to blog.

But I was waiting for the follow up to cash saving posts. I've tried to implement more self control over my expenditure lately but it hasn't worked so well.

I find it is very calming to blog. This blog I tend to write about anything and everything. My food blog now gets a lot more activity as I eat a lot and also the food blogging community is very strong in Melbourne.

Choo, I really thinking blogging has helped me to understand a lot of things, especially about myself. It forces me to reflect. I hope you keep blogging too. Your energy is really great.

7/14/2008 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanh!!!

You are being so slack with your other blog "I eat therefore I am a fat fucker" you gave me no choice but to read "more spelling and grammatical errors Thanh words," which I must say, is even more crap and useless than your other pathetic blog. You really are a waste of space!!!

Hurry up and review a restaurant you fuckin knob-end!!!

9/13/2008 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home