More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Indoor Rock Climbing

We had been hearing Phuong talk about her rock climbing for a while so finally we all got together one weekend and went to see what all the fuss was about. We went to the Nunawading branch of the Hard Rock franchise. After learning the safety procedures on how to properly clip in when climbing and belaying (the person with the hold of the rope at the bottom to catch a climber that falls), we went off to the smaller walls to practise what we had learnt. We were all a bit hesitant at first but once we got going, it was so much fun. When we had mastered the small walls, off we went to tackle the big ones, probably a good 10 metres high at least. There were varying degrees of difficulty, with some walls that really hung out so far only the advanced climbers could do them. After a few tiring but fun hours, we had managed to really test ourselves and everyone vowed to get fitter so we could do the harder walls.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know where the real 'Hardrock' is.

Very brief article Mr. To.

Obviously lack of effort for this blog. Expect less in the next.

10/27/2008 8:29 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I used to love rock climbing. Well, I probably still do, but I haven't been able to go for years due to a knee injury (and then weight gain). I'd love to get back into it.

Definitely keep going, it only gets better :)

10/31/2008 5:37 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Oblivion, I have lost a bit of passion for writing this blog. I still have lots to say, but just finding that writing regularly for two blogs is a lot of work.

Maffy, you should get back into it. I really loved it. Hopefully next time I can make it to the top of the wall.

10/31/2008 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanh, how's life?

are you playing indoor soccer these days?

sorry, i just had to hijack this blog.

civil

11/03/2008 11:24 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Civil, life's going good. I've stopped playing indoor soccer, taken up squash now.

Who are you? I don't know anyone called civil I think.

11/04/2008 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home