More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

All Hacks Indoor Soccer Team Vol 807 & 808

All Hacks,

In this first match against C.C, the good news filtered through that we had won by default and didn't have to play. That was good considering I was possibly not going to make it since I was having dinner with my mum (it was Mother's Day after all).

With the second match against Shaolin, once again I was hoping that we would have a default win. It was just so cold outside and after having dinner, I just felt so sluggish. When the game started, our team only had four players with a substitute playing for us. A few minutes in, Anisha and Javier arrived to bolster the team number to 6.

We started off quite well matching Shaolin move for move. In fact, we had the bulk of the opportunities in the first half. However, numerous great moves ended with terrible shots at goal. As the game wore on and Shaolin interchaning between their team of 10, we just started to run out of legs and slowly but surely they got ahead. The match just lacked intensity the whole night for me, I just felt so tired and didn't want to move. The match drew out with Shaolin winning 4-2 after a late penalty goal from Anisha right on the buzzer.

On a separate note, a few of us (Justin A, Adrian, Harinder, Masum, Huy, David and myself) met up to watch the Australia Greece friendly. Because dinner took an eternity for the Greek restaurant to make, despite us being one of two groups in the restaurant, we got to the pub just in time to miss the goal from Skoko. However, the extended dinner meant that the 7 of us went through 2 bottles of red. Then at the pub, Harinder, Masum and I proceeded to down about 5 beers during the game. By the end of the night, I was a little drunk. While some of us become tired and quiet and drunk, i.e me, Harinder and Masum became extremely loud and funny. Hahaha, the whole trip home those two proceeded to talk crap about anything and everything. Hopefully everyone got home safely but I haven't heard from Justin A or Adrian yet but they didn't drink too much so should have got home safely. Thanks to Huy for drivin Harinder, Masum and I home.

Lets organise some more pub meets during the World Cup, although I may skip the 2am and 5am matches unless Australia make it into the second stage.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no-one is there to witness it, did it really fall" Well similarly, if a high pitched noise is played and no-one can hear it, did it really play. See if you can hear this clip. I could with the volume up really high and its extremely annonying.
High Pitched Noise

And for all you nerds out there, test you Internet Addiction
Internet Addiction

And for those who have read and watched the Da Vinci Code, I'd love to hear some feedback about what you thought, especially on the differences between the book and movie.
Da Vinci Code Review

Thanh

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With reference to your comment on High Pitched Noise.
We recently had a case where one of our local shopkeeper installed this device outside his shop to deter group of kids hanging outside causing a nuisance.
He was later told to disconnect it as it is breaching the kids human rights!!
The police support this new device, but due to the legislation, they will not be allowed to use them!
Apparently, it only works on people under 25 years old, but when tried on me, I can hear it and it is annoying after about 5 minutes. But my colleagues, both the same age couldn't hear anything.

5/30/2006 3:51 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I can't believe people actually use it for real. How would the police be using these devices if they were allowed?

I can hear it with the speakers up loud and it is so annoying, really hurt my head.

5/30/2006 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some unknown reason, the youths in the UK loves "Hanging" around outside shops, and they can be up to around 20 boys and girls at times - and it is very intimidating for the members of the public.

We were hoping that these devices can be installed outside the hot spot areas, and disperse the gangs of youth causing a nuisance.

5/30/2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I think its youths in any country are like that. I don't understand why some of them just stand outside a shop all day or hang around at the train station. Sometimes it is a bit intimidating.

I see how that device can be of use. But wouldn't adults who can hear it be driven nuts when they're doing their shopping?

5/31/2006 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home