More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

10 Fun Things I've Learnt From The World Cup

10. Referees love to be very dramatic when they show players yellow cards or telling them to step back. They wave this finger at the players and point in the direction they want them to walk.

9. Coaches are also very dramatic and their faces tell the whole story of what is happening. Delirious smiling means their team has scored a goal, while delirious laughing means that the referee has given such a stupid decision that they can't do anything but laugh.

8. All countries fans have their speciality. Brazil and Ghana fans are the most colourful. Croatian fans are the loudest. Korean fans sing in unison the best. Australian fans love to tell everyone what nationality they are "Aussie Aussie Aussie", "How many times do I have to tell you I'm an Aussie before you stop asking". :-)

7. Commentators love to put on an accent when saying the players name. If they are saying an Italian name, they will put on a ridiculous Italian accent when pronouncing it. I wonder how a Saudi Arabian accent sounds like?

6. Two out of three goal keepers prefer to wear grey. Ok, I made this stat up but a lot of them do wear grey for some reason.

5. Teams wearing Adidas have won more games than teams wearing Nike. Ok, once again I made this stat up but I have a 50-50 chance of being right, right? Unless they have won equal games. I doubt the few teams wearing Puma have won more games.

4. Players who score a goal have to perform a ridiculous dance and then run away from their team mates who are chasing them to help celebrate the goal.

3. This years official World Cup ball can be used to play beach volleyball and no one would notice the difference.

2. Brazilian football players only have one name.

And the number one fun thing that I've learnt from the world cup so far

1. Football players have extremely sensitive legs where the nerves in their legs are linked to all other part of their bodies. The slightest bump or touch of a player's back/head/hands/torso/bottom will result in the player falling like a sack of potatoes and then clutching at the pain inflicted on their legs.

So what have you learnt so far from the World Cup?

3 Comments:

Blogger PF said...

Haha...hilarious. Very acute observation - and so true, indeed :-P

6/15/2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger chookie said...

haha so true.. did you enjoy listening to the commentators pronounce the korean names ? ;)

6/16/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Yeah the commentators trying to say the Korean names was so funny. Everyone was Sung Ji Kim or Kim Sung Lee or Kim Chi Lee. They pronounced it all with this funny accent which I actually did laugh out loud at. I was thinking, how can they get the European names correct but make the Asian names sound so funny. :-Þ

6/17/2006 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home