More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

LCD Monitor

I just got my new LCD monitor today, and I'm very impressed by it. I had put in an order for the Chimei 22 inch monitor three weeks ago, but such is the demand for this monitor, I only got it today.

Don't let the brand name discourage you from buying it. So it's made in China, which piece of electronics isn't nowadays. The actual screen itself is the same as that in the Dell monitor. The only difference is in the electronics. However, the Dell sells for over a thousand dollars, while this beauty is only $519 for the digital input version. It also has a maximum resolution of 1680 x 1050. It's extremely clear and when playing a DVD, is still great from about 2 metres away.

It's so beautiful and elegant. It only weighs 5kg and takes up hardly any space on my desk now. The large screen means I can run lots of applications and still have screen space to spare. I will also be able to watch DVDs on my computer now and not squint my eyes to see what is happening from my bed. I recommend anyone who's about to buy a screen to go and buy this one. It's great value for money. I guess that's why there is such a huge demand for it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Trev said...

sick mate!!

Nothing beats having plenty of screen real estate hey.

I'm still contemplating if it would be worth it to not bother buying a tv next year when I move or just getting a sweet monitor with a tv tuner... HMMM decisions.

ps. You gotta get a tv tuner!

9/17/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger chookie said...

hahah omg.. ummm isnt that a bit too crazy for computer use??

do you do lots of graphics, or things that require huge windows?? hahaha

9/17/2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger a l a n said...

Very nice!!

Hehehe...i thought it was funny that you took a piccie of your blog too!

9/18/2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger afrobev said...

Yeah I like the picture of the blog. Very nice touch Thanh.

9/18/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Trev, I definitely love all the screen space. It's so convenient. Even now why I am typing my comment in this pop up window, I can move it to the side so I can still see what your comment is on the main screen. In the past, I would have to scroll back up or move the comment window totally out of the screen and type without seeing what I was writing. I'm thinking about getting a tv tuner, gonna investigate to see how much they cost.

Kae, I don't do much graphics editing but this screen is perfect for computer use hahaha. I can run so many programs all at once and still see them.

Alan and James, I thought it would be one of those recurring things and be quite funny. Like when you see a live broadcast on tv and they have a tv in shot which then has a shot of them etc. Well in this case, I have a picture of my monitor on my blog, which in turns has the blog on the monitor hahaha. Hope that makes sense.

9/18/2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger Liisaa said...

LOL...awesome idea..is such a big screen necessary? The first thing I thought of when I saw the big screen was those times when we were little and were always told to sit further from the tv, 'cos it's going to ruin your eyes!'

9/18/2006 11:55 PM  
Blogger Trev said...

Thanh said: "I can run so many programs all at once and still see them."

Wouldn't it be funny if you had this kick ass monitor but your PC was so crap and slow that you didn't have enough power to run enough programs to use up all the screen space. ha-ha-ha :D

9/19/2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Your monitor looks as big as mine. The print is so big that even a visually impaired should be able to read it.

What a far cry from my previous monitor where the prints were blurred and the monitor took up so much space, leaving you very little room to put your books, stationery, etc.

9/19/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Lisa, I find LCDs are very easy on the eyes actually. At work, I use one all day and no strain on the eyes, whereas the CRT used to really hurt my eyes.

Trev, luckily I have a fast PC so that is not a concern hahaha.

Choo, how big is the monitor you have? This one is a 22 inches, or 58cm metric.

9/19/2006 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, nice moniter :)

A few people have said stuff about it being too big for computer use, well theres people out there with 24" and even dual 24" setups so this one isnt too crazy :P

9/21/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thanks anonymous, finally, someone who doesn't think I was crazy to get such a large monitor. It's excellent just being to have different windows opened up all over the place and be able to still see them and use them.

9/23/2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home