More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

When You F**k Up, It Drives You Insane

You may remember that previously I had done some t-shirt printing. Since it is finally getting warmer, Giordano were selling t-shirts again, so I bought 5, ready to print my own designs. Tonight I was doing some more templates for my t-shirts. Most were easy and took only a few minutes to do. One of them in particular was very complicated and took me a whole hour to do the template. As luck would have it, it turned out I had mispelt a word, meaning that the whole thing was stuffed. This already made me quite mad and frustrated since I had put so much effort into it.

However, when I thought it through, I realised that the template was still saveable. I would just have to redo the incorrect word part and print the t-shirt in two sessions. So I went to take the template out of the frame to hang up and dry. Guess what happened next, the template fell onto the table and all the glue got smudged all over the parts that shouldn't have glue. That was the last straw, I totally snapped and threw the whole thing into the bin. I will redo it tomorrow when I am more relaxed and have more time.

What I have learnt from this is summarised in the title of this post, "when you f**k up, it drives you insane". Or to put it more eloquently, "when you put a lot of effort into something and it goes wrong, it will make you very disappointed, and depending on the situation, may also make you very mad". Its always best to "think twice and act once". It would have only taken me a second to check the spelling and I could have saved all that time and frustration. Arrrggghhhhh, now I have to go and break a chair or something. :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Jiggles said...

Yep been there, sometimes you need to walk away from whatever you are doing and chill, take a deep breath and start again.

I am sure you will get it right on your next attempt just don't give up

9/07/2006 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess you would need to switch off, go for a walk. I don't really know bcos i just don't fak up... ever.

If i 'misspell' something, it was meant to be that way.

9/07/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I'm going to try making the template again tonight. Hopefully there will be no misspelt words this time.

9/07/2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

If you mispell the words, add another phrase, "Oops! Only perfect people can spell.

9/08/2006 1:42 AM  
Blogger Trev said...

Hey I reckon the title of the post should be a slogan for your shirt :D

I'd be pretty peaved at having wasted a perfectly good shirt too. But no dramas, just wear that one to sleep hehe, that's what i'd do

9/08/2006 1:59 AM  
Blogger afrobev said...

It's best to have tried than not tried at all. You know what they say? If at first you don't succeed, try and try and try again. Practice makes perfect mate.

9/08/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger a l a n said...

hahaha...i was thinking about doing my own templates for shirts. But its heaps of effort and your post has further confirmed my lack of motivation

So i've decided that when i get around to designing on my own shirts, I'm just gonna get the iron-on ones. You put the special paper in the printer...print it...iron it...ta-dah!

And the computer has spell check too!

9/08/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Choo, I really wanted this t-shirt to be right because its one of my favourite phrases.

Trev, the title post would make a good t-shirt actually.

James, you're very philosophical hahaha. Yeah I'm re-doing that template.

Alan, its actually not that hard. The simple designs take a few minutes only. It all depends how comoplicated you want to make it. The printed ones just look better in my opinion. Even if they're not perfect and there are imperfections, it just adds to that home made look. The iron on ones look very boring and start to peel very quickly.

9/08/2006 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home