More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A New Direction For This Blog?

I was going to write an academic analysis about human social interaction ( I might save that one for next time), but then I started to read XiaXue's blog which I had found out about from Half Empty Realm. XiaXue's blog is apparently one of the most popular in Singapore, and from the number of comments, it would seem this is the case. She even has paid advertising on her page. Cue jealous facial expression from Thanh.

From what I have gathered from her blog, I think for me to have a successful blog, I need to become a beautiful Asian woman, so the photo below is going to be the new "me" in future and you can call me Jolin hahaha.

I also need to start attending hip parties and hang around with famous people. How I will achieve that I do not know yet. Maybe I should start stalking some celebrities and see where they hang out. Then I need to start making up a fake identity and get into those parties. Once the ball starts rolling, it will be easy. Even if I know one famous person and get others to believe I am that famous person's friend, the other celebrities will start to want to know me as well. Then you become famous for being famous, a la Paris Hilton. Then my blog will become ultra popular since people will want to know more about me. This will mean that the act of them visiting my blog will make me more famous and the cycle continues.

I also need to start making superficial friends whose only redeeming qualities are that they are beautiful. I can then take photos of them with me and post it on my blog. All the men out in cyber space will visit my blog and stare at "me" (photo above) and my friends. I will also need to start talking about women's issues, which women will want to read about and men will feel like they are learning more about women and therefore increase their chances with the opposite sex. So that will be my plan for the blog and how I will achieve global domination and never have to work another day in my life.

It such a great idea and sounds so easy. I'll get right on to it tomorrow. I have to watch some TV tonight. :-)

11 Comments:

Blogger a l a n said...

HAHAHAHAHA

Brilliant article!!!

She's sha-loooooooow and its a little bit creepy how many pictures of herself are on there. Seriously...have you seen how much time this girl has on her hands?

http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/2005/12/ever-felt-like-you-have-invisible.html

This proves she has too much time on her hands.

Hilarious

8/25/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thanks Alan.

I did find her blog a bit fake and vain. She's got so many photos of herself because she knows that all the geeks out in cyberspace will be drooling at her photos. Sex always sell, no matter in what medium.

8/25/2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger afrobev said...

I enjoyed that. Does that mean I would also be a celebrity because your site is linked to mine and I would be the friend of a friend of a celebrity? Saying that with my three wishes a day I could just wish a celebrity lifestyle for myself...brilliant!

8/25/2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger Liisaa said...

Every asian guy has to like Jolin ay? She's the female version to Jay Chou. Maybe they should've stayed together..
Great post, hehehe.

8/25/2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

You will be a celebrity by association too James. But like you said, with your endless wishes, you can just make yourself a celebrity and then I will get to be famous by association.

Jolin is very nice. She and Jay would be the perfect couple.

8/26/2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Ha! Ha! You are getting funnier and funnier.

You forgot one thing though. To be like Xiaxue, you must remember to punctuate your sentences with expletives and adopt more vulgarities in your language. She is known as the blogger with the foul language.

Hence, my dear Thanh, you are not quite fowl enough lah.

I'd rather read your blog anytime. Serious!

8/27/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger chookie said...

Ive read xia xue's blog too ... lots of anger and swearing when there is called "content" ... and lots of photos of herself :D

and the girl gets 20 000 hits a day! hehehe wonder what they actually "read" ?

8/27/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I think I do need more swearing Choo to be like XiaXue. I was going to chuck in a few swear words originally but then I thought that really isn't me. I only use swear words when the situation really warrants it, which is not often.

Kae, the fact that we both are talking about it is already giving her more publicity. I'm sure the "readers" find something interesting.

8/27/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Girl Kae, this is the thing that makes me scared of "mass mentality". It is the same with property. When property is low no body dares to buy... gosh how low can it get.... suddenly the prices go up and one jumps in and the rest follow suit and the market gets heated up faster than you can say, "I love you!"

Someone said "Xiaxue is good... famous blogger.... 20,000 hits a day, and everybody follows suit and with someone commenting, "Luv your blog, Xue". Love what.... her expletives, tons of photos even of ang moh boyfriend, follow her around her "trip" to LA with her narrating events and things she sees so superficially... etc.

And then Stomp comes along and ropes her in as a "star blogger". Makes us Singaporeans feel so embarrassed to have a star blogger who punctuates almost every other sentence with vulgarities. If Professor Higgins were alive, he would turn in his grave for the "murder of the English tongue!"

8/27/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Trev said...

Haha, the world is only 2mm deep to some people. She knows it. She knows its pretty sad. But she loves it... its probably even bringing her fame as she walks down the streets, so I guess she'll just get more and more famous!

You're right Thanh, in order to be famous, you need to have big boobs and sexy legs. You know what to do if you want more people to read this blog!

8/28/2006 1:03 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I hear you loud and clear Trev. I have two options as I see it. Either go get some major plastic surgery which I don't want to do or start a new blog with my new "image" hahaha.

I wrote this post as a bit of fun but seems like everyone has an opinion about it. Either we are all insanely jealous of XiaXue and her success (not me personally) or we just hate the fact that she flaunts her slight good looks and supposed cool lifestyle?

8/28/2006 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home