More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Little Fishies In The......Water Feature

I went and bought some fishes to put in the water feature in the back yard during the weekend.

I bought 13 (yes it may be unlucky but I don't believe in it) little fishes. There are some black Goldfish with huge popping out eyes (how can a GOLDfish be black, isn't that contradictive), some red Goldfish also with popping out eyes, some red Comet fish, some mainly white regular Goldfish and my favourite, the spotted Goldfish with red, black and white dots.

It's great watching all the fishes dart around in the water. I wonder what fish think about all day swimming their life away? Do they even remember what they just did 5 minutes ago? You know the old saying "You have the memory of a Goldfish", it must have come from somewhere? Huh, when, where, who, what I was talking about? X-{

8 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

All I know is that all fish are called Bob apparently.

9/12/2006 2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most small fish (esp. Goldfish) have memory of only 5 secs, which is why they can have so much fun in such a tiny cube of water.

9/12/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Sometimes I wish I had memory like a Goldfish, it would make things very simple indeed. :-)

9/12/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Jiggles said...

How relaxing, I love fish. I wouldn't mind a tropical fish tank but have been told they are really hard work.

Maybe I will have to get my buddy to build me a pond out the back, with a little water feature.

mmmmmmmmmmmm Got me thinking now

9/13/2006 3:04 AM  
Blogger Trev said...

Hey that looks really cool i like it. you should get tropical fish, the bright coloured ones like nemo- they're so cool

9/13/2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Karen, the fish are really very relaxing. I just spend about 30 minutes sitting there today after work and watching them swim around and eat their food.

Karen and Trev, I also wanted to get tropical fish but was told that I would then need a heater and have to regulate the temperature quite strictly. As it's outdoor, it gets very cold at night and the fish might not survive too well.

Trev, this restaurant I went to had clown fishes like Nemo, they also had the blue fish like Dory and the prawn thing like in the movie. It was so beautiful I just kept staring at it all through the lunch.

9/13/2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Liisaa said...

Hahaha...5 seconds ay, I think I have a memory of a goldfish..

9/14/2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger M. said...

wow they are sooooooo cute! you have a very nice garden too, the perfect setting to bring up some fishies!

9/15/2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home