More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Robot Sumo and Catching A Ball

It's been a year since the robot sumo competition at our company last year. Last year was the inagural year of the competition and was a lot funnier. The contestants didn't know what to expect, and neither did the audience. This led to many innovative and varying robots. This year, most saw the success of last year's winner and tried to model their robots similarly. The robots were decorated a lot nicer this year though. Here are some below.

The defending champion from last year and also this year's winner, the Zipponator 6000 SU-X. This robot was so impressive that in "demo" mode, it clung onto a wall and climbed right up it, such was its suction power.

This entry from the IT guys definitely wins for authenticity. They even have an Intel sticker on it.

Another entry from the IT guys, this one wins for best use of fluffy feathers I think.

And another video to finish this post, it's a very short video of my friend catching a toy wooden ball on a stick.

4 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

Seems a bit similar to Robot Wars that we have over here. Actually I am not sure if its still on anymore?

10/23/2006 4:09 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Its like Robot Wars on a smaller scale and without all the destrution. I loved that show and how those robots try to destroy each other anyway they can. It's not on in Australia anymore.

10/23/2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger chookie said...

ahhaha you do things like that at your workplace? wow! do you do mechatronics or something thanh?

10/24/2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I did a degree in Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering Kae. I do some electronics work but am not great at it. Last year we entered a robot buts lets just say it didn't do so well. The rubber bands on the wheels didn't quite hold up.

10/25/2006 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home