More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Computer Swap Meet Part 2

After going to the Malvern swap meet last week and coming home without PC speakers, I went to the Springvale swap meet on Sunday. After walking around the hall twice in case I missed seeing them, the two stalls that had the speakers I wanted were selling it for about $10 more than at the shops.

Since the speakers are so bulky and hard to transport, no one really wants to stock them at the swap meet. I will just go to the computer store and buy them there. So the lesson I've learnt is

Swap Meet + Required Speakers = Lost Cause as Little Profit for Vendors

2 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Agree about swap meets. If I wantr to buyt something at a swap meet I always check out the shop price first, just because it is a swap meet does not mean that it is cheaper. The advice I give to anyone who is looking to buy hardware is to go to your first swapmeet without any money, that way you do not get caught up in the excitment of the moment. (Good theory for going to shops as well). These swap meets are just markets, I mean, which stall do you know of that will swap you for something, other than cash that is?

3/26/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I agree with you Geoff, before buying anything at a swap meet, you really must know the rough price of it. Unlike shops that mark their products with prices, the prices at a swap meet fluctuates from morning to afternoon even. You can get ripped off very badly if you don't know what you should be paying for an item.

3/27/2006 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home