More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The A-Z of Me

Firstly thanks to Karen of Welcome To Singledom for tagging me to do this. I generally don't like to do these things about yourself/favourite things lists so I might take a slightly different approach on my answers. This post took SO LONG to write, so hopefully you will all enjoy it and click on some of the links. Some of the information is quite interesting and worth a read, the siblings one in particular.

Accent: My first car was a second hand Hyundai Excel which has now been renamed to Accent. However, in terms of my speaking Accent, probably Aussie, whatever Aussie is "Yeah Mateeeeeeeee". You can judge for yourself. I have a few vidoes on this blog where you can hear me speak.

Booze: Yesterday, my friend was pulled over to get breath tested at one of those booze buses. All you have to do is just blow hard into a machine which will measure the alcohol concentration in your bloodstream. Breathalyzers work by using chemical reactions to get a colour change or IR (infra-red) spectroscopy, where IR light is absorbed by the ethanol in the alcohol and looking at the amount of absorption will tell how much alcohol is present in the bloodstream.

Chores I Hate: In these modern times, despite both men and women working full time jobs, women still do 70% of the housework. I'd like to thank my Y chromosome which gives me an excuse to do hardly any chores.

Dogs/Cats: Since I don't own a cat or dog, I can't relate to this question. However, dogs seem to be more popular as a Google search for dog brought up 1,590,000,000 entries compared to cat that gave 1,430,000,000 entries at the time of writing.

Essential Electronics: The Apple Ipod owns about 92% of the hard drive based music players market. I am also one of the masses who own one. "Ipod, therefore I am".

Favorite perfume/cologne: I just found out yesterday night watching the World Cup that the word Cologne comes from the German city of Cologne. And who said you don't learn anything from watching the World Cup. The word perfume is derived from Latin word "parfumare" meaning "through smoke". The ancient Eygptians made mixtures of aromatic myrrh, Matsic tree, bays of juniper, seeds of fenugreek, pistachio and edible shoveler duck, the whole crushed and mixed with wine and a preparation cooked containing resin and of honey to use on themselves. I just prefer smelling like Joop Homme myself.

Gold/Silver: Gold is one of the most precious commodities and generally people love to own. I only have one gold necklace given to me but I never wear. However, for all you ladies out there, don't ask for a gold ring next time you get a present, ask for a platinum one instead. Platinum is about twice as expensive as gold and due to its purity, also lasts a lot longer.

Hometown: How does one define what their hometown is? Is it where you were born, Cholon, or where your heart is, no particular place for me, or where you currently live, Springvale.

Insomnia: Up to 5% of adults may have primary insomnia, where they have trouble sleeping every night. I don't have primary insomnia or even insomnia now but about a year ago, I did have insomnia for about 5 months due to not being happy about work. My advice is to seek medical advice quickly, don't let the problem drag on as it just gets harder to cure the longer you leave it. My life was hell for about 5 months and I should have sought help quickly instead of thinking it will go away. Now, I'm very happy with all aspects of life and am sleeping like a pig again.

Job Title: One of the weirdest job titles would have to be a chicken sexer but I guess its not the title that matters, its what you do and whether you are happy. For the record, I'm not a chicken sexer but a Research Engineer.

Kids: I have been accused of being a kid sometimes but generally a kid is someone who hasn't gone through puberty yet and as far as I know, I think I have. :-)

Living Arrangements: I would like to know how you arrange your living, is it like flower arranging? I would like to arrange myself in a house like this but unfortunately reality is a more modest old wooden house.

Most Admired Trait: Since I don't want to be a narcissist and I cannot speak on the behalf of others, I'll leave it to others to judge what type of person I am and what my good traits are. Here's some suggestion: articulate, intelligent, honest, loyal, reliable, funny, personable... but I don't want to influence you, you make up your own mind. :-)

Number of Sexual Partners: As famously shown in the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky case, Bill Clinton never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. I also refuse to answer this question Your Honour as anything I say may be used against me in the court of law. (Sorry to disappoint you James, but I think some things we should be able to keep private.)

Overnight Hospital Stays: I don't think I'm the only one who notices hospital smell. Its probably due to disinfectants but I think its the smell of souls that are slowly drifting away from their hosts and letting relatives know their loved ones are going to a better place. But its probably disinfectant unless you want to jump on the bandwagon of "Thanh's Crazy Theory Train". Luckily I've never had to experience the soul drifting smell in an overnight stay.

Phobia: People have the strangest phobias and a funny list can be found at Stan's blog and his Bizarre Phobias post. As I had commented on Stan's post, I have Bloggophobia and Fearofbloggophobia. You'll have to visit Stan's post if you want to find out what they are.

Quotes: "Resistance Is Futile" - Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 0-1. "I'm Blogging This" - Thanh of One, Primary Adjunct of Thanh 0-0.

Religion: Religion is a human phenomenon that defies easy definition, hence I choose not to participate in it.

Siblings: As a first born, I apparently do better at school than my younger sister but will also die from disease earlier. Well I guess theres pros and cons in every situation.

Time I usually wake up: Thanks to my trusty alarm clock with its snooze function, wake up time can range from 7:40am (usually never) to 8:10am (much more likely). If you don't want to use an alarm, here are some tips on how to wake up naturally.

Unusual Talent: I doubt anyone has a truly unique unusual talent. Someone else across the world can probably also do it, you just don't know about it yet. If I could have a truly unusual talent, being able to zap people with my eyes like Cyclops from X-Men would be a pretty cool one. Oh no, my inner geek is coming through again.

Vegetables I refuse to eat: I don't know if brussel sprouts were named after Brussels or not, but I don't care to know since it tastes terrible and are only good to use as substitute golf balls if you happen to run out of golf balls and have a bag of brussels sprouts handy.

Worst Habit: "One man's bad habit is another man's job". I just came up with that one and think its quite good actually. Should you want to break your bad habit, you need to regain the ability to make conscious choices. Well I consciously choose not to "Not Fart Loudly At Home". A use of double negatives (not not) means the affirmative. So if you're still confused, it means I choose to continue farting loudly in the privacy of my own house.

X-ray: X-rays always look so freaky, like someone zapped the life out of you. Here are some x-ray of common parts of the human body. I've only ever had my teeth x-rayed and they had this ultra cool scanning machine which went across my head.

Yummy Foods I make: "I Eat, I Don't Cook". But you can eat with your eyes too. Take a look at Cream Puffs in Venice run by Ivonne, the sight of the desserts always, and I mean ALWAYS, make my mouth salivate.

Zodiac Sign: With sensual Taurus, the Bull, as your star sign, the Sun shone through... blah blah blah. I don't believe in any of this but if you do, you can find out what I, and statistically speaking, 500 million other people are like here

I will tag Choo of The Oriental Express to be the next person to do an A to Z of themself. So if you've read this post Choo, I hope to read your A to Z post soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

Trust you to do it differently Thanh. I suppose we shouldn't expect anything less really should we? Still I found it entertaining and insightful to learn about the A-Z of Thanh. You could have called it 'More Thanh Letters' ha ha.

6/18/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Haha, yeah I wanted it to be a bit different and fun for people to read and maybe find out some interesting information about various things.

6/20/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Oh gosh. I only realise I am supposed to follow the same pattern and not form my own words. I am always as blur as ever.

Who shall I tag? Must I write another one?

6/23/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thats ok, you can write whatever you want. It was a very interesting post about yourself. I never even knew your real name was Lynn(?) I really thought your name was Choo, how silly of me.

6/23/2006 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Fat Do,

There are only Three letters you need to follow:



M - Marriage which cannot happen

G - For Gay I am

1/30/2008 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home