More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Employee Recognition Award

I was telling a friend at work today how I was feeling a lot better today. Yesterday I felt terrible from lack of sleep and I told him that my care factor about everything yesterday was zero. Having got a fairly good night sleep, I felt much better today and was back to my cheery self. Well it turned out my day was going to get even better.

We had our company communication meeting today which I had totally forgot about. Anyway, the meeting went through the usual summary of how our company was doing and what each department was up to. Finally at the end of each meeting, there are service awards, multiple of 5 years that you work at the company and occasionally some employee recognition awards. Today when our CEO was about to announce the recognition awards, I thought "here we go again, the management team give out awards to other managers, how much fun is that". Guess how shocked, and I seriously mean shocked, when I heard my name being read out. I thought there was a mistake and they meant another Thanh at work. But then they read out the project I was working on and I knew it was me. What a great surprise. To get recognition for work that I genuinely thought I did great on. The project completed on time and only used up 50% of the budget. Thats pretty good in anyone's books right.

It's not like I need formal recognition to do my job, but it doesn't hurt. I know some people at work would give an arm if they were at least thanked by their manager for a job well done. Well my manager is already great. He tells me quite often what a good job I'm doing and that's enough for me. I also constantly say how great it is to work with my current team and thats the honest truth. I have learnt so much from those guys. However, I won't knock back an official thanks. My manager had already put in my recommendation months ago when the project finished but they just got round to giving it out today. And the best part from this award, I got a pretty large gift voucher, which I will happily be spending.

6 Comments:

Blogger chookie said...

OoOoH YAY! I think things like that always make you feel appreciated. I really appreciate when i get feedback from my supervisor, or when someone passes me a "good work kae".. so yayyyyyy for thanh!

11/15/2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Jiggles said...

Doesn't it give you incentive to carry on doing a good job.

Congrats I bet you were chuffed x

11/17/2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Kae, knowing that what you do is appreciated is great.

Karen, it does give me incentive to keep up the good work. I was fairly pleased that work I had done was recognised.

11/17/2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Congrats! Keep it up Thanh!

Many more awards to come!

11/20/2006 1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

11/23/2006 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you were even considered for this award shows the level of talent at your workplace. Surely you were not awarded this before the janitor.

I guess everyone has to get one eventually. I bet the inanimate Carbon Rod got one before you did.

1/31/2008 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home