More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Sillier Side of Me

This morning, I was looking at this website called Prank Mike. The website has photos of different pranks that some workers had played on Mike. My favourite is this one where they changed all of Mike's furniture and equipment into cardboard ones. The first thing that popped into my head was that I must try this on my work mates, but maybe just a few items.

Previously I had played a few pranks on a few different work mates. The first one, I had shuffled around items on a work mates desk so that they weren't too noticeable, but yet she found that something just wasn't right. Then when somebody else was bored staying back late one night, he did a copy cat prank on the same work mate. She thought that I had done it hahaha. Luckily I happened to have a perfect alibi. I helped drive her husband home and we left before her so it couldn't have been me.

Another prank that a work mate and myself did was to move an LCD monitor of another work mate and exchange it for an old CRT monitor. When she got into work, she thought that someone had stolen her monitor hahaha. We also moved her table drawers around and put her phone on the other side of the table.

For another prank, a work mate and myself person exchanged the tissue boxes of different people. Usually you might not notice this but this work mate bought really expensive tissues and she said she knew instantly since they didn't have the eucalyptus smell in the tissue.

I also put a fake parking ticket on another work mates car. He had a good laugh about it. I also pull up his windscreen wipers occasionally and one time he said he had driven all the way home before realising his back wind screen wiper was up the whole time. He said he must have looked so silly on the free way with the wiper up.

It might all sound a bit childish, but I would only do these pranks on people that I actually consider friends and who would laugh about it. I wouldn't do it to anyone who wasn't into a joke. I think sometimes you have to be a little silly and act like a kid. It helps to keep you young and sane. Work can be so monotonous and if you let it take control of you, you will definitely find yourself hating it. You need to have a bit of fun at work and a small prank is the perfect way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liisaa said...

LOL, I definitely agree, but lets hope Alan doesn't read this posting 'cos he's just trying to learn how to be mature.

This will just give him a chance to be immature EVERYDAY again.

11/01/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Hahaha, hey there's nothing wrong with being immature..... sometimes. :-)

11/01/2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger chookie said...

sorry haven't had much time to read blogs but i loved this picture! =D

and its even geekier that they're DELL boxes :)

11/03/2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

It is really geeky and funny Kae. That's why my work mates and I have copied it and did it to another work mate. You can see our office cardboard prank here. It's not as elaborate but still pretty funny none the less.

11/03/2006 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home