More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Kin and Jo's Wedding

My good friend Kin got married on Friday to his long time girl friend Jo. It was an extremely happy day for them with Jo being quite emotional a few times and breaking out in tears. I was there for the whole day and it was definitely an experience. Who knew weddings would be so tiring and confusing.

The day started off at 9am on a slight hitch. The photographer was a little late, and the car driver was extremely late. This meant we just waited around with nothing much to do. Here is Kin calling to find out where the driver was.

I was enlisted to carry one of these gift trays for the day ceremony. I picked the lightest one since I'm such a lazy guy.

When the driver finally arrived, we went to Jo's parents house first for the traditional tea ceremony. Here is Kin and Jo offering tea, or in this modern adaptation, wine to Jo's parents. They in turn presented the happy couple with gifts.

Here is a picture of me in my best suit and tie with the happy couple.

Here is the bridal party, consisting of the bridesmaid, Phuong, and the Best Man, Paul.

Here is Kin and Jo preparing for a photo for the photographer. I caught them in a more candid natural photo just before they actually posed. This photo is one of my favourites that I took on the day. Such a nice touching moment.

Next it was off to Kin's house for the tea ceremony with his parents. I carried my red gift tray again and waited and waited as usual. There was a lot of waiting that day.

Here I am being silly while we did some more waiting.

Once the Asian style tea ceremony was done, it was off to the Church for a white wedding. Kin and Jo arriving are taking their vows and Jo gets quite emotional. This photo is courtesy of the much better photographer Clayford. All my shots in the church were blurry except one.

Kin and Jo signing the marriage certificate with Phuong and Paul as their witnesses. Once again this photo is courtesy of Clayford.

The happy couple leaving the church.

Kin giving his best cheesy grin upon my request.

Photos of the bride and groom with their families.

At night it was the reception dinner where Kin and Jo made a grand entrance accompanied by music and waving to screaming fans.

The couple doing a very good modern brial waltz. From all my watching of Dancing with the Stars, I give them a 9 out of 10. Their footwork could have been better and sharper hahaha.

Here is my friend Clayford and I enjoying ourselves at our table eating all the delicous food. You can read more about the food served on the night here.

Finally it was time to go home and I posed for one last photo with Kin. Here I am looking silly again. Gee I seem to be looking silly a lot.

And I leave you with a picture of the beautiful bride Jo in her stunning and daring red dress. I asked her to do this "Hollywood" style pose which she happily obliged.

It was a tiring but great day and I'm so happy that they are now a married couple. I wish them the best in the future.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looked like a great wedding.

one question, albeit an important one...

did you pick up?

11/12/2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger Liisaa said...

prettiful picturez

11/13/2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Wow! The groom and you look quite alike, only that he is taller but your look more robust!

When is your big day Thanh?

11/13/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Thanh!

You got some pretty good shots there! Have u considered a second job in photography or journalism? I think u'd be quite good!

Hope u had a fun day too and thanks for being there for us and putting our wedding on ur blog! now i can get others to view it before we get the wedding photos and video!

have a great day and we''ll see u when we get back from newzealand ok.
love
Jo and kIn

11/13/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Indoor soccer nightmare, it was a great wedding. The only thing I picked up all day was my napkin that I kept dropping at dinner time.

Lisa, prettiful - another one of your made up words?

Choo, I don't think I look much like Kin. And by robust, do you mean I look fat hahaha. My big day will be whenever it comes along.

Jo, I had a great day. It was a pleasure to put your wedding pics on my blog. Did you like my Hollywood shot of you in the red dress. I'll catch up with you when you guys get back. Have fun in NZ. Bring me back a sheep will you hahaha.

11/13/2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Jonno said...

Looked like a great wedding! and its good that the day was nice too!

11/13/2006 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what exactly are you going to do with me?

keep your dirty paws to yaself! >:(

11/13/2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Thanh you really do look like Kin i almost couldn't tell who was who it was kinda like there was a mirror between you two like a fun-house mirror you get at the circus where you look both short and fat or tall and skinny haha omg thats so funni ok i think im out of breath now.

11/13/2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger Liisaa said...

*cough*choke* another? Have I made up more words?

11/14/2006 2:13 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Come here little sheep, uncle Thanh smells lamb chops and lamb shanks.

Vicky, are you implying I'm the shorter fatter version of Kin as well. "I'm not fat, I'm just big-boned." Kin and I are like twins from the movie Twins where Arnie Schwarzenegger and Danny De Vito are twins.

Lisa, you have make up another stranny (strange-funny) word in prettiful.

11/14/2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Jonno, it was very good that the day was nice. In fact it was quite hot in the black suit and I had to keep taking the jacket off whenever the video camera and photographer wasn't taking photos.

11/14/2006 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh im sure u take off more den jacket 4 camera on very hot day

oh u sexy boi u i kno u have sexy body;)

come on show sexy fotos 2 everyone u kno u want 2

11/14/2006 10:25 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Ting Tong, your fake Thai accent isn't working hahaha.

11/15/2006 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home