More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Friday, December 22, 2006

The Electricity Saga Continues...

This problem with my electricity is starting to turn into a three part trilogy. Inintially, I had a problem getting my electricity account transferred from my old house to my new house. You can read about that problem here. Just when I thought the problem was all solved, it has come back to bite me again.

I got another letter asking for payment of the last account at my old house. I had to ring them back and say that I had moved out of that house ages ago and that someone else had told me that my account would get back dated and I would pay the amount for when I was still living there only. Then I asked to check that my new account at this new address was all ok. The operator said it was. Minutes later, she rang back to say that my electricity connection had not been verified as safe yet. I thought all this was solved last time when someone else told me everything was ok. Do the people who work at these places communicate with each other. I should have done nothing and just keep using free electricity for the rest of my life. Geez. I try to do the right thing and all I get is problems.

Apparently, what I have to do now is to organise my own electrician, at my own cost of course, and verify that the house electricity is safe. I then have to get a certificate saying its safe and fax it through to the electricity company. Will this saga ever end. Stay tuned for the next installment "The Electricity Supplier Strikes Back" and the final part "Return of the Electricity".

1 Comments:

Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Once some years back, the Power Supply's computer went haywire. As a result many wnet off scotfree without paying. Those who benefitted most were the expats because they left singapore without having to pay for thousands of dollars!

My tenants left without paying and the authority asked me to pay. Of course I refused, and stayed put that way. I reminded them that just as I am Singaporean, they were able to nab me..... they should chase after the tenants.

12/23/2006 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home