More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Don't Worry, Be Happy

As Bobby McFerrin famously sang, "Don't Worry, Be Happy".

We all know we should not worry and be happy, but sometimes that not so easy to do. Lately I have been quite stressed and tend to overworry. This causes me to not sleep so well. I'm one of those people who can worry a bit too much sometimes. Worrying doesn't help solve anything but yet I can't help but do it. Its not constant, most days I'm fine, but when a particular problem crops up, I do worry a bit when it's not going as planned. Lately, quite a few problems have been placed in my path due to a certain other person not being competent at anything they. When I'm faced with problems of my own, I face them and try to find a solution. I'm very calm about this and tackle the problem systematically. However, when I'm reliant on someone else to do their part and it doesn't get done, or done incorrectly, well that makes me worry. Especially when my own personal money is involved. Let's just say that my money is not in safe hands with this person.

Yesterday night however, I think I had a break through. I got to the point where I was just so over the constant worrying that I just snapped and thought, "I won't worry or care if I can't do anything about it". Somehow my own mind must have resolved this issue, or could push it aside at least. I had the best night's sleep in months. Today is the same. Everytime I begin to worry about a situation I can't control, I just remind myself to think back to yesterday night and what I felt then. Hence I am going to enjoy this weekend and not worry at all.

4 Comments:

Blogger a l a n said...

Agreed, sometimes detachment is the best. But don't detach yourself too much because then you become aloof and arrogant and out of touch.

However, you SHOULD worry about your current template ^_^

I'm gonna be brutally honest and give the ledgendary A-la-la-la-n Lowdown:

Ur picture on the top is very nice....but its kinda forgotten with so much of the beach one (which is also quite nice but dimmed by the excessive use of it). And then it clashes with the dots that are still reminiscent of your old simple template.

In other words, no flow going. Back in year 12 lit we were told that no matter how good your material is, if the marker is distracted by your poor presentation and layout then your gonna get owned.

Not too brutal?

2/10/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

I understand it is not easy to work with others.

In my real estate work, I am always willing to co-broke on my clients' properties; yet I often end up closing the deals with direct clients!! Agents are always rushing and rushing without qualifying their clients. So much wasted time and effort!

I like to work hard but also smart as well or we can be like chickens running around without a head.

2/11/2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

In a way, you should pity people like your friend. They are their worst enemy!! Enveloped in their own selfish world of greed, grabbing and more grabbing.... forgetting that it is actually more blessed to give than to receive.

2/11/2007 8:58 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Alan, yeah I don't want to become too attached, that would be a bad thing. But for particular problems that worrying does not solve, there is not point to worry.

I know the template is very very bad. It's all too cluttered and messy. Your observations are very true. The top photo is one of my favourites but it doesn't match the background or the dots. I will go back to dots for background for now until I have some time and can be bothered to change it all properly. Your opinion has been very useful, not brutal at all.

Choo, working smart is always the way to go. But the other parties have to do some work as well, otherwise it falls apart.

I don't really pity that friend but am more angry instead. I don't see why he has to be nutured like a baby and forgiven for things just because "he doesn't know". That's just a convenient excuse. He's an adult and should be treated like one and be responsible for his own actions.

2/11/2007 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home