More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Jogging Part 1

So after telling myself that I needed to get fit, I took the first steps, literally, today. I pulled on my Nike shoes and Adidas shorts and clipped on my ipod and off I went.

I went for a jog around the very scenic man made pond near my house. There were little ducks in the pond, the sun was shining brightly without being too warm or too cold. The reeds in the pond were swaying softly with the wind. Kids were playing and riding their bikes near the playground equipment. It was all perfect, except for the fact that I actually needed to run.

I hate running. I will never understand how some people say that its relaxing and lets them think. Even with the ipod running and my favourite music on, I only occasionally forgot about the fact that I had to run. But the thought of getting fatter and more unfit drove me to put one foot in front of the other.

I managed to jog for 8 minutes continuously around the pond and the nearby sports oval. Then for the remaining 22 minutes I switched between jogging and walking. But I never stopped once, so thats one good thing I did.

Hopefully I will keep going for as long as I still feel guilty about doing nothing and will get a little bit fitter. I'll probably mix it up with some bike riding, which I like, and some walking, which is much more relaxing and I really do think about different things.

Until the next jogging post update, I'm currently sore all over but feeling better in my head that I did some exercise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonno said...

Well done Thanh...Little steps at a time! When I started I think I was struggling to go 10 minutes. Now I'm happy to say I'm able to make it around 25 minutes continuous jogging. I've found going in a group helps. Encouraging each other helps heaps and pushes you further....

5/14/2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thanks Jonno. I'll be very happy if I can jog continuously for 25 minutes. A work mate of mine jogs too and we might organise to jog together because I just lack motivation. Having someone to push me would really really help.

5/14/2007 9:58 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Like you, I have started to exercise in the gym. Must do it at least three times a week,or I will not be able to enter the door of my own flat!

5/15/2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Hahaha Choo. I've seen photos of you, you're nowhere near that fat. But exercise is definitely good for you so keep it up.

5/16/2007 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home