More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Need To Go Now

I have a fairly weak bladder and need to go to the toilet quite often. At work, I would go use the toilet 3-4 times a day. I usually drink about 1 litre of water during work hours. Some day obviously I drink more and some days less. I always drink at least 600ml of liquid as I finish one bottle during a day. If I drink less than that, I feel quite bad acutally.

I see that some people such as the work mates in my cubicle may only go to the toilet once or twice a day. Thats pretty amazing considering they drink a lot of coffee. I remember on holidays overseas with my friend Paul, he would drink a lot more water than me and may only go to the toilet once for every two times that I go.

Coupled with a weak bladder, I think the thought that I have in my head of having a weak bladder also makes me go to the toilet more often. I am worried that if I don't go now, there may not be a toilet later when I really need to go. This nagging thought in my head makes me go to the toilet more often than I really need to I think.

I know that when push comes to shove, I can hold off a lot longer before going to the toilet. Sometimes for example, when I'm driving somewhere, even before I reach half way, I may already feel like going to the toilet. However, since I don't really know of any toilets along the way, I keep going. Then I am surprised that I can actually hold it for another hour or more until I get to my destination.

Other examples of when its my head that dictates that I need to go to the toilet is when I'm working really hard and am so rushed off my feet that I forget to go. Since my mind is pre-occupied, the nagging thought that I need to go does not enter my mind. Today for example, I was working so hard that I went to the toilet only one time. It probably had to do with drinking only 600ml of water and also expending a lot of sweat, but still I didn't keep thinking about it.

It's convenient in Australia to go to the toilet when you want since there are so many. But overseas, like when I was in HK, I was literally busting and couldn't find any toilets at all. Even some restaurants don't have toilets. Then I ask to use their private one, in which they point to some toilet that is only allowed for workers. Eventually I found a McDonalds, but even that had only 2, yes, 2 whole toilets. The queue for it was so long, but luckily the guys queue was much faster. The ladies were lining up all the way down two floors of stairs. Crazy eh.

I will try not to think about going to the toilet so much and practise holding it in a bit longer. This will mean that I don't have to constantly look for a toilet when I'm out and as a side benefit, I will also save that little bit of water from flushing as we are currently in a bad drought.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see no one has left a comment on this blog. That should be a clear indication of topics you should and SHOULDN'T write about Mr. Do.

But since I pity the fool, here is my comment.

Don't hold it in. Give your workmate next to you the gift of a Golden Shower.

7/30/2007 1:33 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Oh thank you so much for leaving a comment Anonymous. I write what I feel like writing, so I will continue to write some articles that no one may be interested in, but I'm not getting paid for this, so it doesn't bother me too much that no one is commenting. If I was being paid by the comment, I would write about much more exciting things.

7/30/2007 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I have to agree with Anonymous. The quality of your articles have gone downhill. If you keep this up you will soon be writing to NO audience at all so it's no different from keeping it all in your little pink journal with flowers on the front.

Please engage in more "in your face" and sexy new topics or I will cut your tenure from our newspaper.

No don't pout!!! Just do as I say.
This is for your own good and the good on the blogging universe.

NOW GO BACK TO YOUR GOLDEN SHOWERS!!

7/31/2007 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanh,

I am very disappointed by this article. It lacks any sorta of relevance and does not inspire me compared to your previous articles.

It just seems that you've run out of ideas.

May I suggest some topics.

1. The urge to scratch neverregions
2. Best Hentai DVDs
3. Blade of Glory movie






Much love still but not much longer,

FORMER Number 1 Fan of thanh7580

7/31/2007 1:09 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Former Number 1 fan, I'm sorry not everything is to your liking. I can only write what I feel like writing. Unless I get paid to write, then that's a different story.

7/31/2007 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home