More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It Takes Two

The It Takes Two finale was on tonight and I was so glad that Jolene won. She was clearly the best throughout the series and set such a high standard, right from episode one. Initially, I thought she had a really good voice but didn't care too much for her. I don't watch All Saints so really didn't know much about her. However, as the weeks passed, I foudn that I was really supporting her.

Jolene and David were definitely the best couple on the show. Their chemistry seemed the most real to me. A few other teams didn't seem to get on too well, like Julia and Dave, Troy and Krystal and even Jo and Anthony, who I felt seemed a little fake. The people who I felt really connected were Daniel and Kate, Mimi and David and Jolene and David. This just made me believe and like their performances more. The show is called It Takes Two after all.

Back to Jolene and David though. I really liked them becauase they seemed to get along so well, and in the finale I think it really showed, with both at tears at the end of their final song, Dionne Warwick's "That's What Friends Are For". The usual comical David was actually very serious and got a bit teary during the song. I love David's usual humourus style and his self depricating humour. Jolene also turned out to be very funny too, with some great one liners. Someone give her a hosting role that involves some singing so that we can hear more of her voice. She has a really good voice. She was good from the start, but with David's tutorials each week, she became great. She got right into the performances and I thought tonight's finale really showed how much she has improved. They did a reprise of two songs during the season and this time she was even more smooth and controlled and the stage presence was even better.

Here is my favourite performance of Jolene and David throughout the season. It's Gloria Gaynor's "Never Can Say Goodbye". This was the Jolene's breakthrough performance where she really discovered what she was capable of with her voice after some persistence from David for her to stretch herself.

3 Comments:

Blogger chookie said...

Oh thanh.... you watch that show? hehe shame ;)

7/10/2007 11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl kae

Thanh watches everything and anything. He even watches Big Brother till late. That's why he rocks up to work all buggered every morning and feeling more and more perverted by the day.

He is also an avid fan of Paris Hilton as you can see in his blog.

7/11/2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Kae, I watch the show and I like the corny feel good of the show. I didn't really like it at the start but then got into it more and more as I warmed up to the celebrities, with Jolene and David being my favourite to watch each week.

Anonymous, yes I do like to watch tv, but I don't watch EVERYTHING. I don't have enough time nowadays.

7/11/2007 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home