More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, July 02, 2007

iWant an iPhone

It may be all the marketing hype, or it just may be because it looks and sounds like such a good product, but no matter the reason, I want an iPhone. However, as Australia are always so far behind, its probably going to be another year before the iPhone gets here.

After watching the video below of the functions of the iPhone, I want it even more. I love my iPod mini already, with its mono colour screen and old click wheel. All it does is play music, but I already carry it everywhere. Now imagine adding to that a phone, an internet device, a data storage device, a photo viewer, a video player and a music playing device and the iPhone has this geek drooling. And once again, Apple have come up with such a stylish device and unique and seemingly easy menu navigation tool with the touch screen. The click wheel is excellent but the touch screen looks even better.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonno said...

Do you think it will get too dated by the time it reaches our shores? It seems quite intuitive, but I didn't see the function to type in an internet address (eg how the keyboard works). One thing I'd worry about is the amount of scratches on the screen...It does look good though...
(BTW thanks for the response on the paintball post. Sorry I forgot to reply...)

7/03/2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Hey Jonno, I'm not sure what will happen by the time the phone gets to our shores. Maybe it might be another generation such as the iPod which kept evolving. I'm sure people are bound to find problems with it and how it can be improved.

I think the typing the address part works by using an onscreen qwerty keyboard which appears on the bottom half of the screen. Not sure how well that would work, might need a stylus pen or something.

As for the scratches, again not sure how well it works. I know that my current phone, the Nokia 6300 has a really good screen and hasn't scratched at all unlike my last Nokia phone which scratched heaps.

The paintball was really fun, you should go if you can.

7/03/2007 10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is bullcrap!!!
Where the hell is the blog from Tuesday night.

7/05/2007 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home