More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Lions Versus Buffalo Versus Crocodile

If you haven't seen this footage already, I recommend you take the time to watch it. It is unbelievable footage of a pride of lions fighting with buffalos and crocodiles over their catch of a baby buffalo.

It's amazing how the animal kingdom works. In this case, the buffalos were able to save the baby buffalo, but usually the lions would have eaten it. The animals are built with this ingrained notion that lions are king and buffalo are the prey. However, if the buffalos work together, they could easily kill a pride of lions. They outnumber the lions by so much and are so much bigger and stronger. It's just that that isn't their natural instincts and hence they are always the prey.

The same can be said about humans. Some people (those born rich) just feel like they are superior and will treat those poorer as a sub class sometimes. And those are that really really poor and don't have a chance to get an education, will be bullied by richer people who may be less intelligent or weaker than them, but just because they feel like they are inferior, they will get treated as such. Education buys you self belief and the chance to change a situation so that a buffalo can turn around and take on a lion. That's my insight for the day students. I wonder where the crocodile fits in. Maybe the sly sneaky humans are the crocdile, ready to capitalise on any opportunites that present themselves without having to do the hard work. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

That's intriguing stuff. Go Buffalos and thankfully the baby buffalo escaped with it's life (despite being injured).

I will leave you with this rhyme

Show me a home where the bufalo roam
and I will show you a home with a very messy carpet :)

6/05/2007 2:12 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

I like the rhyme James, it funny and probably accurate. I'll let you know if buffalos ever roam my home.

6/05/2007 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Skyline George

2/18/2008 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home