More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Totally Lacking Motivation

I'm currently going through my lacking motivation phase again where everything seems so pointless. Its been going on for about a couple of weeks. Once again, it seems to have strangely occurred around the time of my birthday just like last year. It also is around the time of our "performance review" at work, which might also have something to do with my current mood.

The symptoms of my current mood is that I haven't slept too well lately. I go through some occasional moody phases where I whinge a bit about how boring everything is and generally don't feel like doing anything and have a foul temper. I'm really restless at work and just want to go home and do nothing all the time.

I wonder if its about getting another year older and yet feeling like I haven't achieved as much as I've wanted in the past year. Or if it about our coming performance review where I really want and think I deserve a pay rise as I am massively underpaid according to the APESMA Dec 06 Salary Summary Report. That's made me slightly aggrevated and questioning whether I need to change jobs and look for more attractive options. I really am unsure about what to do.

Anyway, I'm not as confused as last year where I really didn't know what life was about at all. I'm still fairly clueless to what our aim in life is, but I'm learning to accept that I will never truly understand and just to make the best of it.

On an aside, I heard about this book called "Stumbling on Happiness", where the author wrote that the book wasn't about how to find happiness but accepting that we are incapable of finding happiness. I guess after reading this, it could make you happier since you know that its not your fault that you can't find happiness? Has anyone read this book and is it worth buying so that I can satisfy my urge to know that I cannot find happiness so hence I should be happy knowing that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you do whine a lot...

5/23/2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thank you Noodle, I aim to keep people entertained with my whingeing. :-)

5/24/2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Liisaa said...

oOo. ask me about procrastination and I'll tell you about my life, ask me about happiness and I'll walk out the door.

o_O

5/25/2007 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully your next post will have a spring in it's step!javascript:void(0)

5/25/2007 8:41 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Be careful not to get burnt out.

When I am really exhausted I take off from work. (My job permits me...am my own boss).

When I have been seeing people too much, I just take off and do things alone. It helps to bring us back to equilibrium.

Try new hobbies, etc.

5/27/2007 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home