More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Playing Tennis

I love to play tennis but usually its hard to find other people to play with. Recently I found that my work mate Jessie's husband Alan played. So I have been playing tennis with Alan lately. He has a good solid game with a great serve. This week we played again with my other friend Justin (Justin A, another Justin not to be confused with the Justin I went to dinner with yesterday at Ocean King) and his friend Khuong.

I had a great hit up session with Alan but he had to go home early as he had something to do. I also decided to go home early as I had hurt my wrist when I framed a ball so didn't want to play anymore. Hopefully next time we can get in a proper doubles match.

Below are pics of the court at Blackburn Tennis Club. Clay courts provide a very different feel to hardcourts as the ball just sits up and slows down. Its much harder to hit a great winning shot and forces you to play more consistently.

The guy in the white t-shirt and Roger Federer style white headband is Justin. Personally I thought the head band was a bit over the top, how many social players do you ever see wearing a head band, but hey thats always been Justin's style. He's always decked out in full gear for any sport he plays, you should see him at INDOOR soccer with his shin pads, hilarious.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, not a shabby blog.

U chose a nice skin here, it looks very clean.

I wish I could pick up a typo but im not cool enough :(

2/26/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thanks Kim. I wanted to pick something clean and simple. I dont like black or dark webpages, they just seem harder on the eyes and always puts me off reading them.

There's probably typos everywhere but you're just too lazy to read through it all :-). I would be the same, there's so much information *cough* *crap* that I've written, I think most people would just read a bit of it.

2/26/2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home