More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The First Annual Bloggies

First there was the Oscars, then someone came up with an idea for an anti-Oscars called the Razzies. Next there was the Blooker Prize (a variation on the Booker Prize) for books adapted from blogs. Now I'm introducing The Bloggies, my own award for things related to my blog. The following awards were voted by me and me only and no correspondance will be accepted, my decision is final hehe.

Best Female Fan And the Bloggie for Best Female Fan goes to.... Jessie, she won easily as she visits my blog daily and even clicks ads for me without me having to ask her to do so. My most devoted fan and I thank her with this award.

Best Male Fan And the Bloggie for Best Male Fan goes to.... Its a tie between Afrobev all the way from the UK and Paul from Caulfield. Afrobev (aka James) visits my blog often and even leaves comment (good on ya) so a big thank you to him. Paul reads my blog and we have discussion about the topics I write about so thanks to him too.

Best Female Supporting Fan And the Bloggie for Best Female Supporting Fan goes to.... Tu my sister who visits my blog every couple of days.

Best Male Supporting Fan And the Bloggie for Best Male Supporting Fan goes to.... Tin, who visits my blog apparently because I trick him into it. I send him emails about something interesting and then tell him to click on the following link to find out more from my blog, but he doesn't look at the address and assumes its from a website and then claims I tricked him into it.

Best Guest Appearance And the Bloggie for Best Guest Appearance goes to.... Kevin, whose hand is shown in Food Review: Ocean King Chinese Restaurant modelling the roast duck and also in Mahjong For Beginners discretely advertising a can of Jim Beam Bourbon and Cola.

Best Collaborator And the Bloggie for Best Collaborator goes to... John, who has provided me with quite a lot of material for my posts by making insightful comments about me and human behaviour.

Best Comedy Post And the Bloggie for Best Comedy Post goes to... Death of a Faithful Servant, what I thought was a funny attempt at humour.

Best Dramatic Post And the Bloggie for Best Dramatic Post goes to... Does Being Nice Make You A "Carpet Mat" - Ask Dr Thanh Ph(aic) D(octor). Don't let the humourous title fool you, this post was a very personal post and was full of emotion when I wrote it.

Best Adaptive Post And the Bloggie for Best Adaptive Post goes to... Recipe For Good Friendship adapted from an article by Dyske Suematsu. It uses food as an analogy for human frienship styles.

Best Documentary Post And the Bloggie for Best Documentary Post goes to... Are Asian Women Bad Drivers? documenting how bad some women drivers are. This post attracted the most controversy and reader replies.

Best Art Post And the Bloggie for Best Art Post goes to... Tilt Shift Photograph. I thought my try at tilt shift photography was quite bad but the other two photos are very nice I thought.

And finally the last award of the night is

Best Blogger And the Bloggie for Best Blogger goes to... Thanh, of course I'm giving the award to myself. Did you really think anyone else would win.

Well its been a great post and thank you all for reading. Keep coming back to this blog and supporting it, as my ad revenue can only grow with your support and your fingers clicking on that mouse. Thank you all and see you next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

BLOGGIE ACCEPTANCE SPEECH:
I don't know what to say! Im quite emotional and Im honoured to be given this joint Bloggie! There are a few people I would like to thank...

-I would like to thank my girlfriend Philomena for her support throughout this whole blogging thing. I would like to also thank the following people...Miss Meep for getting me started in this whole blogging business. Princess Chloe, Brother Daniel San and Tony The Lip for being there with me every step of the way. Thankyou also to My brother, Rod Hull and Emu, Spike Milligan, my parents and grandparents for doing such a good job, David Essex for a 'Winters Tale'...and of course Thanh for honouring me with this award. I will treasure this for ever. Congratulations to all the other bloggie winners and Thankyou Blog Academy, Thankyou from the bottom of my heart (bursts out into floods of tears and runs off the stage).

3/12/2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Oh the Bloggies really bring out the emotion from people. What a great acceptance speech from Afrobev.

3/12/2006 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Homosexual Post.

All of the ones posted in:

www.thanh7580.blogspot.com

www.ieatthereforeiam.blogspot.com

2/01/2008 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home