More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Tilt Shift Photography

I read about Tilt Photography in the Whirlpool Forums and found it very interesting so gave it a try. Tilt Photograph is about distorting an image so that everything looks like a tiny miniature. It can be done with expensive lens or using Photoshop. Obviously the Photoshop ones don't look as good, but are still quite amazing.

My try at a miniature picture (above) isn't that great because there was a tutorial on how to use Photoshop to do it but since I don't have Photoshop, I tried using Paint Shop Pro but couldn't find all the same functions.

If the pictures are done properly, they should look more like something below.

Two good websites for seeing more of these types of photos are MetropolisMag and The Bitter Girls blog, which also has lots of other great photos. The blog is in Japanese so you wont understand any of it but the pictures are very good.

3 Comments:

Blogger afrobev said...

Im liking the tilt photography. Very talented I must say.

3/04/2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Thanks afrobev, I think you're being kind but I'll take it anyway.

3/04/2006 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't need tilt photography when taking pictures of your never regions. In fact you need Micro photography to even inspect it.

Gets it??

10/28/2008 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home