More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Hypocritical People

Don't you just hate hypocritical people. When it suits them, they can go against what they've said in the past and do something entirely opposite. It starts right at the top, with John Howard announcing that reconciliation is on the election agenda after years of saying he would not say sorry. Reconciliation is only on the agenda should he get elected again, how convenient for him eh?

Someone I know also demonstrated how hypocritical they are today. For a couple of years, he would constantly complain to me about how he doesn't like his previous bosses who were on his case all the time and even ringing him on his mobile when he was away. Then today he goes and does exactly the same thing to a colleague now that he is in a position of power.

The bad part is that he put me in a very awkward spot. He asked if I had the mobile number of this colleague. I didn't want to lie and say I didn't when I clearly did. So I gave it to him, knowing full well the colleague would not want this. So I said "It's probably not worth ringing, he never answers anyway." But this person said that he would try anyway. So I quickly rang my colleague afterwards to apologise for giving his number. I didn't want to lie so I was put in a tough spot. Luckily that colleague was very understanding and said that it's ok and he didn't mind too much.

I saw yet another side of this person that I don't like at all. I guess that's why we fallen apart and are no longer really good friends after I saw traits of his that are not to my liking. When you complain about one thing and how awful you think it is, but can then do it now that you are in a different position and it benefits you only shows what type of character this person is. I'm now convinced that there is no need to try and patch up things with this person. I thought it was a bit strange that he never talks to me anymore yet came to talk to me today. I should have realised something was up immediately but I was too sick to think clearly. I won't make that mistake again next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat Do,

You gotta stop wring these sort of articles. It will trigger another Sharon Mole outbreak!

10/13/2007 3:19 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Anonymous, hahaha. I thought the character was Kylie Mole, from the Fast Forward days or was it Comedy Company. Can't remember which it was.

10/13/2007 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home