More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Cashtration

Cashtration - The act of buying a house, car, getting married, or having kids, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period.

I'm definitely not under cashtration, so don't know how it may change me. However, I do know lots of friends under cashtration and it can be a very crippling disease that totally changes people.

The obvious symptoms are that they can no longer go out with you and are very aware of every dollar. However, some people are still themselves and admit that they don't have any disposable money. Others still try to keep up the facade of being able to spend money but little things show what a scrooge they have become. I don't like this behaviour at all. If you don't have the money, no one will blame you for not going out. But when you become the typical "tight ass", and do little things that benefit yourself while taking advantage of your friends who are not under cashtration, that's just cheap.

Does your financial situation changes you or merely bring out another side of you that alway's there. It's not like we're living in a third world country and money is so desperate that people will kill for it. Being under cashtration just means you can't enjoy as many of the luxuries as you used to. I think that for people who become tight asses, it merely brings to the surface their real character. They have a choice not to do things, but yet still want to. Then they go and do little things that will benefit them, which I don't like.

When I am under cashtration, I must remind myself never to become a tight ass who tries to take advantage of his friends. I'd rather stay home and just watch TV than trying to keep up a facade of a person that I cannot afford to be.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

even now you don't had all these financial burdens, you're still a tightASS!!!

11/05/2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger S said...

i think u made a rather unfair comment about ppl who live in third world countries... i seriously doubt ppl in 3rd world countries would kill just money... some are richer than u think ;p

but i wonder thanh, have it ever occured to you that those tight asses may actually want the pleasure of your company???? i once invited someone out of a buffet dinner and he came and did not eat anything... i was so frustrated the whole evening with him, cause i though... if you are not going to eat, then why turn up? then i realise it was because he enjoyed my company and the people i was with.... so let it go....

also we have a saying back where i come from. 'sedikit sedikit, jadi bukit' which mean save a little, save a little, then you will build a mountain.

11/05/2007 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone actually enjoyed your company??

pfft i would stuffed my face with food!!!

11/05/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger S said...

hahahahaaa... why not???? what not to enjoy? u just never met me.... too bad... your loss.... ;p

11/05/2007 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I couldn't help the loss... I asked you out last month but you told me I was too dark

11/05/2007 4:35 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Anonymous1, I am not a tight ass, I shouted you drinks, what more do you want. Free meal every time. I'm a lowly paid worker bee only.

Sharon, I think some people in third world countries will kill for money. I could be wrong, but that's what I think. People in first world countries will also kill for money.

I would welcome anyone to join in activities. But if they have no money, that's not a problem. You let it be known upfront and you do other things, even free things. But to say yes and then do little things that benefit yourself is not very good in my opinion.

George, I enjoy your company. Even when you're stuffing your face with food.

11/05/2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger S said...

really??? i don't think so. i know who i talked to within the last month... and i don't remember a george....

unless you are my georgie pogey... are you my georgie pogey.... my georgie pogey is dark too...but hey george aren't u somewhere in malaysia... how can u ask me out... where is your girlfren... i tot she doesn't like it when u go out with me....

11/05/2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger S said...

thanh - some ppl have pride and not everyone is as in touch with their emotions i think....

you have expressed it yourself on your previous blog on how it is not easy for people to say no or this or that, cause they are not in touch with themselves nor do they know themselves.

nowadays. i double check. i tell my friends wat i am doing or what we will be doing and i check twice to see if it is ok with them. and then i give them the options to back away if they want to, cause i realised not alot of people know how to say no and sometimes i find that people are not so comfy doing things but they do them anyway and then they don't like it... which make me feel awful... cause i think... wtf are u doing... why are you here...

11/05/2007 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please refrain from using crude or foul languages in this forum you stupid ji bai!

11/06/2007 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ji bai (hokkian) word for the female anatomy

11/06/2007 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home