More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Truth Will Come Out

There's an old Chinese saying that translates to "If you don't want someone to know about it, don't do it". It means that lies will eventually surface and the truth wil be revealed. I had a revelation about an old "friend" recently.

Luckily it was in regards to a "friend" who I was already seeing another side to and had well and truly separated myself from. We don't even talk anymore and this revelation makes my decision to not associate with him look even better.

I was just casually chatting with some other people about a boat. It turned to technical stuff about boats and I remembered that this old "friend" used to own a boat. I relayed the story of how his boat sank because he forgot to put in the drain plugs. This brought another friend to say that this old "friend" tried to sell him that boat, for cheap too. I asked whether he knew that the boat had sunk before and all the electrics and motor was shot. This other friend didn't know about that at all. It was this revelation that made us both see how deceptive this old "friend" was. How many friends do you know that will try to sell you something shonky and cheat you basically. If you know any of those people, get away from them now as they aren't you friends. Friends do not cheat each other. With friends like that, who would need enemies.

It amazing how after quite some time, that this little lie came out purely by coincidence. And what would be even more coincidental was that a few days later, yet another friend was telling me about how deceptive they thought our old "friend" was. This did not come by from any prompting from me at all. We were just talking about a totally unrelated topic and this old "friends" name popped up. I was really shocked this time as I thought that they were best friends. He said that was far from the truth and was only what I saw on the surface.

So if you plan on doing anything deceptive, think about who you are doing it to. If it is someone you plan to stay friends with, don't do it as the truth has its way of coming out and biting you back in the buttocks.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Someone said, "The truth always prevails. How true.

1/10/2008 1:26 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Choo, hopefully the truth will always prevail.

1/11/2008 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about my dodgy friend who sold me the shonky digital photo frame. All because he didn't tell me that it was made in China.

1/31/2008 2:37 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Anonymous, that is such a lie since

a) you never actually bought a digital photo frame

b) you did know it was made in China

c) you broke the frame playing your "movies" despite not even buying it

Luckily you're good friend was so understanding and didn't bite your head off about it.

Shows how much you know about electronic devices.

1/31/2008 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem to have alot of old friends... whom u are not talking to anymore. what happened??

2/10/2008 12:02 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Anonymous, not necessarily not talking to. Just drifting apart thats all. I guess people just naturally drift apart when they no longer have things in common.

2/11/2008 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ears are burning!

2/21/2008 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home