More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Australia - Top 9 Live Show

I've been away on holiday so have just watched the show and this is my assessment before seeing the verdict show.
Previous posts about the shows are here
Top 10 Live Show
Top 10 Verdict Show

Kate and Hilton
After losing their respective partners last week, Kate and Hilton teamed up to do the Foxtrot. The actual dance was entertaining and I liked it, but I didn't think there was much foxtrot in it. I think they got it easier as there were a lot of posing type moves. Kate's extension on each move was amazing, and to be honest, I hardly even saw what Hilton did. I have not warmed to him at all and I'm not sure why.
Routine: 3/5
Technique: 1.5/2
Likeability: 1.5/3
Overall: 6/10

Camilla and Sermsah
Sermsah is one of my favourites in this competition. However, for two weeks now, I don't think he has done that great in the dancing department. Camilla and Sermsah's hip hop routine was rather forgettable tonight. There wasn't anything exciting about it.
Routine: 1.5/5
Technique: 1/2
Likeability: 2/3
Overall: 4.5/10

Kassy and Graeme
This week's routine was in their field as they were doing contemporary lyrical. The routine was smooth enough and had the required lifts, but I didn't really believe them again.
Routine: 3.5/5
Technique: 1.5/2
Likeability: 1.5/3
Overall: 6.5/10

Stephanie and Marko
The swing/hip hop style sounded really interesting. I was expecting something like the swing routines on the American version of the show, highly entertaining. However, this routine wasn't that great. Stephanie is really struggling in my opinion. She didn't seem committed to the moves. Marko is doing good, but I think he has timing problems quite often.
Routine: 2/5
Technique: 1/2
Likeability: 1/3
Overall: 4/10

Laura and Anthony I really liked their disco routine this week. Both of them were great. I was smiling and grooving along with them the whole way. Anthony's moves were so funky and his tricks worked in this routine. Laura surprised me as I thought she didn't move that well last week. But she grooved it and was great this week.
Routine: 4/5
Technique: 1.5/2
Likeability: 2.5/3
Overall: 8/10

Rhiannon and JD
I said Rhiannon exuded sensualness last week and she did it again this week. She just seems to be able to make every move look sexy just through the looks on her face. Her contemporary jazz routine with JD was enjoyable. JD struggled a bit with his technique. His lack of technique was most noticeable in his poor execution of spins.
Routine: 3/5
Technique: 1.5/2
Likeability: 1.5/3
Overall: 6/10

Demi and Jack
I already said how much I love Demi and Jack last week. Well this week, they have firmly cemented themselves as my favourite couple. The energy between them is infectious. We, or at least I, as the audience are going on the ride with them. Their samba was so contagious. Again, the connection between them could be felt. That slight cheekiness between them worked so well for this routine. And how sexy did Demi dance. A total contrast to her normal break dancing style.
Routine: 5/5
Technique: 1.5/2
Likeability: 3/3
Overall: 9.5/10

Jemma and Rhys
Jemma and Rhy's waltz was the best routine last week. They have followed it up this week with a good jazz routine. Jemma proved that she can do more than just ballroom. And Rhys was fantastic in this routine as well. His core technique should carry him far in this competition.
Routine: 3.5/5
Technique: 1.5/2
Likeability: 2.5/3
Overall: 7.5/10

Vanessa and Henry
Despite what I thought was a great salsa routine last week, Vanessa and Henry were in the bottom three. This week's animation hip hop should hopefully keep them out of the bottom three. I thought they did the routine great. Obviously, they both didn't lock each move hard enough, but they were entertaining still. I watche Vanessa closely as she was really worried about this routine. She did a great job and some of the moves were so smooth.
Routine: 3.5/5
Technique: 1/2
Likeability: 2.5/3
Overall: 7/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home