More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

How a Rear Projection TV Works

This isn't really a guide on how a rear projection TV works. I just wanted to post a cool photo of the inside of a rear projection TV. Out of all the different types of TV, I think the rear projection is probably the easiest to explain. It's just three colours that get broadcast and combine to create the images. There's no scanning cathode ray tube involved or liquid crystals getting sent electrical signals.

As you can see, there is a huge mirror inside, which reflects the images to the viewer. The mirror was so clean, obviously, as you don't often open a TV. The three coloured light were really bright. Even standing from a distance and reflected off the mirror, the signal was bright. Kin and I had a fiddle around but couldn't really spot any obvious faults that would be causing the images to not align. Hence we put it together again for a real expert to fix.

3 Comments:

Blogger PF said...

Is this 42 inches? I have one exactly like it.

2/06/2008 2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no it's 50+ inches

please buy off me

2/06/2008 10:50 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Alan, as you can see, its 50+ inches. Do you want to buy another one? Hahaha. Shipping fees to Singapore might cost a bit.

2/06/2008 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home