More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, August 06, 2007

From Frustration To Exhilaration

My fading memory is starting to desert me in my old age. A lot of time nowadays, I'm sure I've read something somewhere but can't remember where. I guess it could also be due to reading way too many things on the web and not properly categorising things that may be important for later use. Instead, I rely on my scattered memory and then go through heaps of frustration trying to find the information again afterwards.

Just now, I was looking for an article that I had read on a blog not so long ago. I even knew which few blogs it was from, but I still couldn't find it. Despite telling myself to forget it and that its not important, being the person that I am, I just couldn't let it go and kept searching. This caused me to get more and more frustrated at my own faulty memory. Just like the time where I couldn't remember about my drink bottle going missing, this time I just couldn't visualise where I had seen this article.

The mind is such an intriguing tool. It can often trick us by manipulating our memories. Like the drink bottle incident where the image of the drink bottle was completely erased from my memory until someone else pointed out that they had seen me carry it, in which case the memories all came flooding back. Luckily for this article, there is something known as Google. Quite a few Google searches later with various key words, and voila, I found the article I wanted. It's nothing important, just an article about an oyster recipe book that I wanted to link to for my food blog, but the activity had changed from finding information to a challenge that I had set myself.

Now having found the article, that achievement, a very minor one, has brought a sense of exhilaration to me. Just the perseverence and succeeding has been very enjoyable. I guess that's the reason why people tackle hard tasks in the first place, the payoff you get of joy when you succeed, no matter how small the task is.

5 Comments:

Blogger a l a n said...

I love the little thing sin life you achieve too

like so many simple things in life are just so golden.

And your brain is prolly getting weaker coz of excessive drinking...

no wait

thats mine

8/07/2007 12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Thanh's brain is getting weaker coz of excessive eating and Hentai DVDs

8/07/2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Alan, I think the increased amount of wine I've been drinking was supposed to help me think better?

Anonymous, I didn't know we were talking about your increased loss of memory symptoms?

8/07/2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

You are old at your age?

Then aunty Choo must be a precious antique lah! :-)

8/14/2007 12:33 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Aunty Choo, I'm starting to feel older. I don't think I'm quite an antique yet, but getting there.

8/14/2007 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home