More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lunar Eclipse

Having decided that I will look up to the Heavens more often after seeing McNaught's Comet, I wasn't going to miss the Lunar Eclipse tonight. As described in the newspapers, when I went outside at about 9pm, there was the moon all nice and red. A lunar eclipse is when the Earth gets in between the sun and the moon, obscuring the sunlight onto the moon, giving it a red glow. It doesn't happen too often but chances of seeing a lunar eclipse are much higher than seeing a solar eclipse I think. For a solar eclipse, you really have to be in the right place. Also you're not supposed to stare directly into a solar eclipse, whereas you can look as much as you want at a lunar eclipse.

I grabbed my camera and tried to take a few photos. The photos aren't great since I don't have a zoom lens. The first photos is when the moon is totally obscurred from the sun, while the second photo you can start to see some part of the moon glowing brightly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These photos are bad!!!
At least attached a hubber telescope to the end of you puny little camera!!

8/29/2007 5:11 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Astromer, firstly, what is astromer? Is that the Chinese imitation of an astronomer?

The photos are definitely not good compared to some of the fantastic shots I saw from others. I cannot attach the hubble telescope to my camera as the camera lens doesn't have a fitting to put on another lens.

8/29/2007 10:42 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I looked out my door about 8pm but saw only clouds :-( I then forgot all about it and fell asleep! I wish I had seen it, but apparently there'll be another on in 2011, so I suppose I'll just have to bide my time until then.

8/30/2007 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home