More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, March 10, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Australia - Top 7 Verdict Show

I think the audience are voting for the best dancers each week now as we clearly saw the weakest couples for the weeks show in the bottom three.

With the girls solos, Camilla's solo wasn't particularly strong. There were some good parts but also some bad transitions from one thing to another. Laura's solo was even weaker for me. She looks to be in slow motion sometimes. I thought Rhiannon's solo was really strong and didn't agree with the judges that she overdanced. It was a slightly angry song and she showed it. I think the deicsion to get rid of Laura was the right one. She had been underperforming in all her routines and was clearly surrounded by better dancers.

With the guys, I have to agree with the judges and say they were all repeating solos they had done before. Sermsah's solo may have been set to dance music, but it was the same thing he did at his audition but lacking that emotional content. Anthony has done the near exact solo before as well. JD's solo looked a lot like his previous weeks too. I don't understand what the judges are seeing in JD. Personally I would have let him go and given Sermsah one more chance. But it was still a fair enough decision to let go of Sermsah. It has been a good journey that we the audience has had with Sermsah. His swearing at the end was hilarious as well. He is just a genuine person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home