More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, March 10, 2008

The Power Of Alcohol

It's amazing what effect alcohol can have on a person. Alcohol doesn't have to be a bad thing, if enjoyed in moderation. But once you have it in excess and lose control, it can totally destroy your life physically and mentally.

I have to say that this post isn't about me preaching that you shouldn't drink and how its bad for you. In fact, I enjoy a drink occasionally myself. I rarely drink on weekdays and only do so if I've had an extremely bad day and need to relax or I've gone out for dinner with friends. Otherwise, I enjoy a wine or spirit on a weekend.

I will usually have a wine with my meals out in the company of friends. There is nothing better than enjoying a good wine with good food and good company. The wine just helps to give that extra kick and makes everyone more relaxed. And when people are relaxed, they open up more and you find out a lot more about them as a person. People will reveal a lot about themselves that they may normally be hesitant to tell. But with less inhibitions, you get to really learn what another person is like.

I also enjoying having some quiet drinks with friends where we just relax and not much needs to be said. You know you're in the presence of good friends when you can keep silent. It's actually very uncomfortable to be silent with people you don't know well and don't trust. But when you can keep silent and only talk when there is something to say, then you know the company is good.

But like I said earlier, if you overdo it with the alcohol, you can also see the very ugly side of people. I think most people realise the point when they start to get drunk a little. That point is actually very enjoyable. But if you take it further and keep drinking, you will so regret it later. Some people turn into monsters when they are drunk. Some become very funny. And others like me, become all introspective and quiet. Whatever the reaction, it may not always be good. There's also that massive splitting headache and possibly some violent visits to the toilet. So keep your drinking in moderation and enjoy yourself. Ask some probing questions next time and find out even more about your good friends. You'll feel even closer to them due to it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Do,

I know you stil regret losing your VIRGIN in that situtation. Just move on... I'm sure he would have forgotten it by now.

3/11/2008 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat Do wrote:

"But once you have it in excess and lose control, it can totally destroy your life physically and mentally."


Totally true. Just take a look at Mr. Do's waistline and he's Fran Drescher voice.

3/11/2008 3:36 PM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Very funny Mr Anonymous. You are in no situation to comment. Look at your sorry drunk state every night and vomitting all over the place. And stop sexually harassing your dogs while you are drunk.

3/11/2008 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave my dogs out of this conversation a-hole or this may start involving your family very quickly

3/12/2008 10:21 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Well well well. Aren't we touchy about the subject of your dogs. From what I can see throughout this blog, it is never me that starts insulting you. I am only ever on the receiving end and having to defend myself.

3/12/2008 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said.. make as much fun aboutof me as I have of you.

Referring to things like that about our pets is like saying things about my wife, my mother, etc, which I have never had against yours. You can include insults about other friends, co-workers, famous ppl, but lets show some respect to people we value a bit more.

If you want to go there....well i guess the rest of blog readers will now how low you can go.

3/12/2008 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home