More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Monday, March 31, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Australia - Top 5 Verdict Show

Without the judges involvement this week, it was purely up to the audience's vote to see which conetestant go. From memory, I think this is different to the American version. In that version, they went down to the last four before the audience decided who wins.

Giving the audience the ultimate power is good in one way since ultimately this is a reality show about audience participation. What's the use of giving people power but then not letting them have the final say. In another way, the audience may have made their decision but not necessarily keep the best dancers. For good tv, you do need a mix of actual talent and characters. So the way the Australian version has done it is pretty good.

As for who went tonight, I was sad to see both Jemma and Anthony leave. Jemma and Anthony both seem like such genuine nice people and it was sad to see them leave. I think it was a fair enough decision as Anthony hasn't really wowed us with a particular routine yet and it was a close call between Rhiannon and Jemma. However, I'm sure both Jemma and Anthony will go on to bigger and better things. I'm not sure what it is but I like most of the contestants, unlike Australian Idol where usually I only like one or two people and want the rest to leave. Maybe dance does bring out the love in people hahaha.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright!! Enough of this. Your review of this show is getting inferior by the day. Please blog about the new show "IS THANH DO TOO FAT?"

No once in your blog have mentioned how bad that host is? It just looks so rehearsed and obviously card reading.

sigh....

4/02/2008 11:26 AM  
Blogger The Oriental Express said...

Thanh, how is your "botak head" (bald head) coming along?

I was hoping to look at your blog to find you with a new hairstyle. :-)

4/03/2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger thanh7580 said...

Hi Choo, if you scroll down a bit on this blog, you will see the photo of my bald head. It's the Sat 22nd post.

Or you can click on this link
Thanh's Bald Head.

Finally, I got your money, thanks for your donation.

4/03/2008 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home