More Thanh Words

"My name is Thanh and I'm a Blogger". Now that I have admitted to that, I can say that I'm a stereotypical "geeky" Engineer who enjoys sci-fi books and movies and into all things technological. I also love music and have a passion for FOOD. I'm a social person and like to talk to people. I hate people who are fake or overly aggressive. If you're also into some serious discussion, with a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of real emotion, then please read on.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Eason Chan Moving On Melbourne Concert 2008

A group of friends and I went to watch Eason Chan in concert at the Arts centre. The arts centre seems a strange place to have a pop concert. I guess the acoustics would be great, but it's a bit small for a full blown concert. Also, the way the seats are, it's a bit tame as well.

It turned out that the acoustics were good as I suspected, but the concert was very disappointing. It hardly got out of first gear. Eason was late to start with and things never really got better. He is not my favourite artist as I find his vocals to be a bit one dimensional and monotonal. In the first few songs, when he was doing his low register, I couldn't even work out what he was singing. When he hits his higher register, its definitely much better but it doesn't lift me off.

There were dancers accompanying him for some of his time onstage, and I have to say, at times it was more interesting watching them than him. There were some songs that I knew but even then I didn't really join in the singing. The whole night just didn't have the right feel. He didn't really engage the audience. It wasn't until right at the very end did the audience start to get into it, by which stage he was done and ran off. Cheers for an encore were met with a repeat announcement that the concert was over. A truly disappointing concert and it cost $89 too. Jacky Cheung's concert at Vodafone was only $59 and so entertaining. He really knew how to work the crowd and people were singing and dancing for 3.5 hours, not this pathetic 90 minutes from Eason where he changed clothes every few songs. Jacky kept coming back for encore after encore and invited the audience to request songs. Now that is how you run an enjoyable concert.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it was your 'hard earned' money wasted.

I wouldn't have wasted a cent watching some Honkie hack performing in Australia in front of all the other Honkie hacks flooding our community.

5/21/2008 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home